Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

water leaking

Options
  • 20-08-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

there is water leaking on to the passenger side floor of me motor.i keep having to fill the coolant bottle.me da reckons i should throw some radweld into the coolant bottle.also the enginge gets v hot and the windscren fogs up a lot.a bit afraid to drive long distances.any tips would be great

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Your heater matrix is gone/leaking and coolant is escaping into the cabin.

Any loss of coolant is serious and may lead to a damaged engine so get it fixed asap.

Also it wouldn't be too healthy breathing coolant fumes!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

****.ta for that

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Try radweld, always works for me. Be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle tho if you want it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Andrew Campbell

you dont say what type of car it is but i agree with previous posters that you have a heater matrix leak. These can be tricky to replace as access is difficult in a lot of cars. I had success with rad weld in an opel zafira, ask your motor factor which brand he reccommends. In the mean time keep the coolant bottle level topped up, its OK to use water till you get it fixed (rather than waste coolant) but dont leave it too long as winter is coming and then you could be in even more trouble if your engine freezes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What car is it? Replacing the heater matrix might be a very easy or very time-consuming fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Confab wrote: »
    What car is it? Replacing the heater matrix might be a very easy or very time-consuming fix.

ita a citreon xasra car/van

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I've wondered about Radweld. Is it a permanent solution or only considered a tempory fix? Are there any potential pitfalls to using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've wondered about Radweld. Is it a permanent solution or only considered a tempory fix? Are there any potential pitfalls to using it?

Yes and yes. Use too much and your cooling system (and possibly your engine) will be no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Get some Novastop, instead of Radweld. Not saying it will fix the problem, but IMO Novastop is way better than Radweld. About €20 a pop, but you only need to use 1/4 tin (AFAIR).

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement