Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for renting Campervan

Options
  • 20-08-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys,

First off this is not an advert, I need advice on how I can not sell something!! : ) I own a Ford Transit 2.5L diesel Campervan convert. It's in perfect working nick and I've invested a lot making it this way. I am going back to college to do a Masters and so for the next year I won't have time to use it at all, I'll also need the cash, but because it's such a good vehicle and there are a lot of very dodgy ones out there, and I want it for next year, I'd prefer to rent it for the year. I have been told by a friend in the legal profession that this is possible by selling for the rental price + a deposit and agreeing to buy it back for the deposit in a years time. However, I don't know how much I could charge for the renting. It's a 1995 and has lots of cool features like a cooker, lockbox, sink, plug socket, lino floor in back, comfy big bed and lots of storage space. I'd up very willing to do a DOE just before renting it as well to prove it's roadworthiness.

Does anyone have any advice and especially as regards how much I could get for a year considering the above and that the DOE in itself costs €88?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Hi guys,
    Does anyone have any advice and especially as regards how much I could get for a year considering the above and that the DOE in itself costs €88?
    I went back to do a Masters in 09/10 but I lived in the van in and around the college during the week. Saved me a fortune in rent, and commuting time. Never had a moments' hassle, except for a drunk student in Exam week looking for a cigarette at 3 in the morning..... (I was awake cramming at that stage so he saw the light)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Michael1987

Fair play, I considered that seriously but I decided against it in the end because it's a music technology masters meaning I'd need to use all my music equipment to do projects etc, with a laptop, massive speakers, synths, etc to have set up and have plugged in for 60 hours of the week I ended up going for the room. If I was doing any other masters I definitely would. it's a lovely van to sleep in so I was very tempted - probably more comfy than the room i'll be renting!!

Advertisement