Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK University Fees

Options
  • 20-08-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering a return to full-time eduction & I've been looking at the UK, primarily because tuition fees over here are a bit ridiculous and I'm not eligible for any grant this time around, as I alsready have a primary degree.

Thing is, having checked out a few unis for the course I want, I've found that the relevant fees seem to be very low. This is great if its correct, but I'm only worried that there will be other fees applied for the course that I am not seeing at the moment.

Anybody have any experience of this that can give any advice?

Thansk,
    FB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

A lot of the Science/Engineering/Maths courses in the UK are subsidised by the British government. For instance my fees are £3950 and this is the same for all EU students.

Other courses which are provided through business schools or are business related (Financial Engineering) often carry high fees (£15k or more).

What area are you interested in studying in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI/GB Colleges

Agree with D-Generate, knowing what course/subject area you're looking at will help...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Thanks guys.

Yeah the course I'm looking at isPhysiotherapy, so that would be Science.
    Well that's a bit of a relief!!

Cheers for the info guys.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

OP, there are no fees for doing physio in Jordanstown as the NHS pays for the course. As far as I'm aware this applies to England as well, but you might want to send an email to the department of health sciences of the unis you are applying to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Also just to note for future reference, in scotland the fee's have been frozen to allow equality for education, a friend of mine is going to edinburgh to do a masters and the fee is only £4000 :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement