Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third degree tear check up - Holles Street

Options
  • 20-08-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone else been in this situation.

My baby was born 7 months ago and I suffered a third degree tear. I was referred by my hospital to Holles Street. My appointment is coming up next week. I'm just wondering what to expect will they just talk to me or will they examine me?

I'm just a bit scared about going to this appointment.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

They will probably talk to you about what symptoms you may still be suffering (Pain/tenderness/incontinence/painful intercourse etc...) and also probably examine you too. This way they will be able to come up with a plan of care to help alleviate and hopefully resolve any problems down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cinders11

Mammy2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone else been in this situation.

My baby was born 7 months ago and I suffered a third degree tear. I was referred by my hospital to Holles Street. My appointment is coming up next week. I'm just wondering what to expect will they just talk to me or will they examine me?

I'm just a bit scared about going to this appointment.

Thank you.
    Hi i know u posted this a long time ago but im curious as to how you got on i have a check up in holles street in a few weeks following a third degree tear and im a small bit nervous as my physio mentioned i might need further surgery but ill know more after my check up... thank you :)

Advertisement