Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican cooking class (and food!) for €15

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

There's a post about this on the cooking forum but I thought it deserved a mention here too:
    r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Hi
    For anyone who is interested in mexican cooking there is a Cafe up beside Christchurch that is offering free cooking classes. Hugo, the owner of the restaurant gives the lessons. He is a really nice guy who has an obvious love for mexican cooking. During the lessons he closes the restauant so you have the whole place to yourself. In the first lesson he shows the basics
    • making fresh salsa and guacamole
    • creating Masa dough which is then used to make fresh tortillas, sopes and deep fried quesadillas (with fillings like chicken and cheese)

The cooking is nothing very complicated but you get to do it all hands-on yourself. You then get to eat the proceeds of your work and if you want you can wash it down with a nice cold corona. He doesnt charge for the lessons but there is a charge of €15 to cover the cost of the ingredients which is fair enough considering he is giving over 2 hours of his time.

In the second lessons he shows you how to make mole sauce, with refried beans and mexican rice. There is also a third lesson that shows you how to make tamales. I am in no way affilated with the restaurant but I just thought I'd let people know as I really enjoyed the 2 classes that I went on and the guy should be supported for giving over his time so freely.
    Thanks
    Paul

http://www.azteca.ie/chef.php?pg=cooking

Have been to two classes. Great stuff altogether and the chef, Hugo, is as sound a fella you could meet.

Very highly recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Definitely a bargain alert. Sounds brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

Sounds fantastic! Deffo gonna send in an email. Cheers :)

Advertisement