Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card Transactions

Options
  • 20-08-2010 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldnt seem to find anything in relation to it.

Over the past couple of weeks I have done quite a few transactions via Laser Card to the extent that sometimes you forget what you have purchased whether it be in a petrol station or in a shop. The thing that I have found is that the money for the transaction(s) take an age to become visible on Internet banking and hence to show the money as being deducted from my Laser account. I know that money has to be in the account for the laser transaction to go ahead and that the money is then (after the transaction) 'technically' held for that Vendor but why cant the bank make it visible as say a 'pending' transaction on Internet banking.

Any information on this would be appreciative. Not sure if all banks are like this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I'm with NIB and the Internet banking shows two balances, one being the available balance. It's always pretty accurate - my available balance will go down as soon as I make a payment or use the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

havana wrote: »
    I'm with NIB and the Internet banking shows two balances, one being the available balance. It's always pretty accurate - my available balance will go down as soon as I make a payment or use the ATM.

Thanks for that, so it seems like it is soooo possible but just seems that
    AIB
    just cant be arsed in providing that service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

ShaneIRL wrote: »
    AIB

I know who your talkin about and your spot on. This has landed me in Dublin once with not a penny so not to happy about it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Im sure they will have this shortly, most other banks do. But to be fair to them, its the shops/vendors who dont do an end of day on their machines who are really at fault. Some shops are crazy, they dont do it until the end of the week, and hence you get a load of transactions going through all in the one go.

i once remember a statoil only puttng through their transactions once a month, had a hearthattack seeing my monthly petrol going through all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

AIB

I'm a bit confused (probably didn't read your post properly, sorry). When I log onto my AIB internet banking, it also shows two balances, with the balance at the top of the page, being the "true" balance, i.e. the balance including pending debits, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

NuMarvel wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused (probably didn't read your post properly, sorry). When I log onto my AIB internet banking, it also shows two balances, with the balance at the top of the page, being the "true" balance, i.e. the balance including pending debits, etc.

When I log in I see the account name (e.g. Current) and the Balance (e.g. 100) and when I click into see all the transactions I still see the same 100 as the balance even though there is a pending transaction.

Is this a function that you had to request or can you explain in detail where you can see the 2 different balances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

It used to take ages to show up for me too (BOI).

But now its only a matter of hours before any transaction shows up on internet banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

When I log in I see the account name (e.g. Current) and the Balance (e.g. 100) and when I click into see all the transactions I still see the same 100 as the balance even though there is a pending transaction.

Is this a function that you had to request or can you explain in detail where you can see the 2 different balances.

After the two log in pages (i.e. registration number page and security number & phone number page), the welcome page shows the actual balance. So in the middle of the page, it has the heading Account with Current underneath it and across from that it has balance with the actual balance underneath it.

When i click on the current account link, it takes me into a page where the same info is repeated. Underneath that, there's a list of the ten most recent transactions with the headings Date, Description, Credit, Debit, and Balance, as you would see in a printed statement.

Currently, because I have a pending laser transaction of €13, the balance at the top shows €100 and the balance at the bottom of the list of transactions shows a balance of €113 and the pending laser transaction isn't listed. (Figures are made, but you get the point.)

I didn't request the function, but I switched back to AIB recently so maybe it's something they're rolling out to newer customers first? (Unlikely, it's the only thing I can think of.)

If you're absolutely certain the pending laser transaction hasn't come through, get onto AIB and ask them about it. I can definitely see my true balance, even if I can't yet see all the transactions that make up that balance, so you should be able to as well.

Advertisement