Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundabouts?!?!?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

does any one here on boards know how to drive on a round about? if so where are ya hiding?

90% of drivers in the Ros town have no idea how to use a roundabout...

wrong lane moving off or no indicators...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

does any one here on boards know how to drive on a round about? if so where are ya hiding?

90% of drivers in the Ros town have no idea how to use a roundabout...

wrong lane moving off or no indicators...

Theres roundabouts in Ros town???:confused:

Sorry :o

OP Irish drivers really struggle with the whole concept of roundabouts. Plenty of threads over on motors about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

tbh it has a lot more roundabouts than any other town that size and no one knows how to use one...

the word round doesn't really come to peoples minds...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

its more the fact that a lot of roundabouts in other counties are marked differently. some roundabouts' left hand lane is left turn only

every roundabout is different depending on the number of roads into it or the importance of roads off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The awkward one is the KFC/LIDL roundabout most people are unsure of the lanes on approach, however the one that people cut me of most is the Walshs Four Mile house one, very annoying!

P.S New roundabout getting built at the Mart junction.

its more the fact that a lot of roundabouts in other counties are marked differently. some roundabouts' left hand lane is left turn only

every roundabout is different depending on the number of roads into it or the importance of roads off it

There are "standard" ones where the left lane is for left and ahead, the right lane is right only. for all others there really should be a "get in lane" sign in advance of the roundabout.
    185814685_5342b82c9a.jpg

• Advertisement

well their pretty standard roundabouts :) left lane to go left or 2nd exit...right lane to go 3rd exit or 4th...whats so hard about that? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are local RB threads discussing particular RBs so Ill just leave this here.

In general - if the ingoing lanes aren't marked then use left lane for exits up until 12 o'clock and right lane for exits after 12 o'clock.
    a39ca.jpg

oh.their.marked.alri...

but.people.either.show.no.indications...or.drive.straight.thru.it.

was.many.times.in.a.situation.when.i.was.on.the.inside.lane.on.the.roundabout.and.the.nutcase.on.the.outisde.make.me.break.cause.hes/she.driving.into.me...

seriously...80%.of.people.in.roscommon.neex.roundabout.lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

what.the.****.:confused:

oh their marked alright...but people either show no indicators or drive straight through it :S

i was many times in a situation where i was on the inside lane on the roundabout and the nutcase on the outside make me break cause hes/she driving into me...

seriously...80% of people in Roscommon need roundabout lessons

space wasn't working :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 markios

I feel safer driving around Dublin than in ros.

The driving on the lidl/kfc roundabout is cronic. Indicating for the first exit, then driving straight through the 2nd exit, I see it the whole time.
    You can't trust indicators around here

And some people probably aren't going to realize the new roundabout at the Mart actually is a roundabout.... they'll just treat it like the old road and bomb straight through without giving way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

markios wrote: »
    I feel safer driving around Dublin than in ros.

The driving on the lidl/kfc roundabout is cronic. Indicating for the first exit, then driving straight through the 2nd exit, I see it the whole time.
    You can't trust indicators around here

And some people probably aren't going to realize the new roundabout at the Mart actually is a roundabout.... they'll just treat it like the old road and bomb straight through without giving way

that roundabout is cat

badly designed - not big enough for amount of traffic coming onto it

theres always an excuse for bad drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 markios

that roundabout is cat

badly designed - not big enough for amount of traffic coming onto it

The Mart one or the Lidl one?

I think the design of the Lidl one isn't too bad

The new Mart one does look a bit iffy though...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

This drives me mad, did these people not do a theory test like the rest of us? Most people in town seem to think that you choose the lane with the least traffic, or worse, just go for the unmarked middle lane.

Advertisement