Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help? Which of these PLC Film Production Course is best?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm trying to see if i can get into a plc film course this September in advance of a full degree course hopefully next year (both on the BTEA scheme) and i'm just wondering if any of you have thoughts on the following:

TV and Digital Film Production - Dun Laoghaire College Of Further Education
    or
    TV and Film Production - Bray Institute Of Further Education

I've also considered Ballyfermot and Colaiste Dhulaigh but Ballyfermot seem to have finished interviews and from what i can see Colaiste Dhulaigh don't accept BTEA for their film course (i think they do for other courses but not the film from what i gather).

Or if any of you have any other suggestions i'd really appreciate hearing them.

Basically i'm at a point in my life (early 30s) where i don't want to waste a year on a half-ar**d course (and from what i hear there are a few of them out there) so once again i'd really appreciate it if anyone here can help steer me in the right direction.

Thanks!

DrF :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jitter

I know this is a really old thread but it might help someone in the future! I did the course in Bray and loved it, would highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

jitter wrote: »
    I know this is a really old thread but it might help someone in the future! I did the course in Bray and loved it, would highly recommend it!

Cheers for the imput jitter and for anyone else reading this - although i actually chose the Colaiste Dhulaigh course - the guys running the Bray course were sound and of all the interviews i went to (learning about each course) Bray was one of my favourites and seems like one of the best out there, not to mention that if you look on youtube the quality of their output seems very good.

It was the only course i would have considered other than Dhulaigh (which is closer to where i live 15/20mins by car vs Bray over an hour and Dhulaigh offers transition to a degree course in the UK) but after Dhulaigh, Bray was my next choice.

Advertisement