Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancient Astronaut Theory

Options
  • 20-08-2010 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good documentaries on this? Preferably one that has both sides of the argument, I find the whole idea and time period interesting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

History channel did a series of four episodes last year. Ancient aliens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

This is a little thought provoking if your interested in freaky sh!t :D

Ancient aliens messing with DNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Thanks squod, I'll have a look for them

TalkwieWalkie, that video is abit far out for what I'm looking for:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Watched 'Ancient Aliens' on youtube which was a history channel one, some of it was interesting, particularily some of the South American stuff, other stuff on it though went into thing that had logical explanation or looked abit stupid and would make you less believe that there were any ancient astronauts

Dunno if you sen the part where they made little model planes from the pictures and gold relics. Scale models flying around. Awesome stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I'd like the skeptics to explain this: http://www.ufodigest.com/egyptplanes.html.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Those hieroglyphs have been debunked many times, they don't depict aircraft.

Common sense never seems to prevail though :/

http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

The pyramid blocks were hewn from quarries using stone and copper tools

I stopped reading that site when they came out with this !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Who debunked them? I checked the link and all I saw was somebodys theory. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

squod wrote: »
    I stopped reading that site when they came out with this !

You should enlighten us cause all the Egyptian experts I've read have said it was done with copper tools.

You know they still have partially cut blocks sitting in quarry's to this day, right?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Copper tools, Odd copper Alloys that we're still not 'quite sure' how to make, and Fvckloads of Sand for Friction, like they teach ya, use what ya have, We also know that the Egyptians had spectacular GoldSmiths, they had Copper however they never seem to have made the leap to Bronze, which is Rather odd when 'lesser' civilisations seem to have made that natural progression with ease.

that said the Chinese never managed Glass, which the Egyptians had a mastery of, its postulated that they had electric arc Lights and other really cool stuff.

connections have been made previously between the Egyptians and and the Ancient civilisations of South America, And the flight thing is a bit odd.

As for the OP's Question

the one that started most of onto this as kids is

Eric Von Dainikans

Chariots of the Gods

Heres a Google Video player of it
    AND for Extra Kewlness

ITs NA;Ra-Ted B....y WiLLiAm Sha....tner

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6113175402315678182#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

connections have been made previously between the Egyptians and and the Ancient civilisations of South America
    Didnt they do a test on some of the mummies and found traces of cocaine in their hair?and they would of been buried a couple of hundred years before the americas were discovered by europeans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Try a couple of thousand years before Our lot DiscoveredAnhilated South America.

There was A Toxicology study done on Nephritite and some other mummies In Germany, with the Idea of finding out their Diet, thats what turned up the Coke & tobacco, they also found hashish but that raised very few Eyebrows.

the research seemed genuine enough but Someone will be along shortly no doubt to Debunk it.

I think someone also sailed a Papyrus boat, of the type We know the Ancient Egyptians had, to America. so its entirely plausible that they had at least mastered Ocean transport, there is another school of thought that proposes air travel, mainly instigated by the South Americans but possibly copied by the Egyptians

Advertisement