Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Question On Cams

Options
  • 20-08-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I will be ordering my Cyfra+ card this weekend but I will also need a cam.

I am thinking I may aswell get this from the satsklep site so both card and cam arrive at the same time. Sadly confusion raises its ugly head. On their site they list this Cam SD Module for Cyfra+ card

My question is this. Is that compatible with the HD channels as the SD raises suspicion in my mind, which sadly is uneducated in such matters.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

You should be fine, the cam has nothing to do with whether a channel is sd or hd.

The type of receiver you have ( whether it is hd compatible) determines this.

Assuming you have a hd receiver and have paid for hd then you should get hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

settopbox wrote: »
    You should be fine, the cam has nothing to do with whether a channel is sd or hd.

The type of receiver you have ( whether it is hd compatible) determines this.

Assuming you have a hd receiver and have paid for hd then you should get hd.

NO, A Matrix cam is similar to a dragon cam, I have a dragon cam and that WILL NOT decode the HD channels on a Cyfra card, but then a Diablo cam will.

What receiver do you have? Does it have a multicypt card slot as Cyfra+ cards seem to work in everthing.

If you get stuck ive a spare seca astoncypt cam that you can have for next to nothing that will work fine with HD Cyfra (I used it last year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have a TM6900 HD Combo Super+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

you don't need a cam according to the TM experts over on Alsat.

Magic patch works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

nm, answered myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

No you certainly wont need a cam. Thats what i was running my Cyfra+ card in last year, but then i ran out of slots and had to use an aston cam for it.

I had al Jazzera in TM card slot, Cyfra+ in aston cam, Art in Diablo along with TNK card in the sim reader of the diablo.

Also swapped my Al jazeera card with a UK FTV card from time to time.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, I had the TM6900 Super, and while the Cyfra card works on it, including HD channels, from time to time, the HD channels would freeze, meaning I'd have to flick channels back and forth to get back in action (never an issue on SD channels).

So, in the end, I ended up with a Conax cam for DigitAlb, my Diablo worked grand on Cyfra, and I used the cardslot in TM for the JSC card (JSC seems least fussy with key updates, etc IME).

Advertisement