Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High mileage

Options
  • 20-08-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was just looking at a 06 fiesta with 88,000 miles at €6950. Everything else seems to be in order with Full service history, nice drive etc. I am seriously thinking of buying it. Still the high mileage is giving second thought. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

ccyy123 wrote: »
    I was just looking at a 06 fiesta with 88,000 miles at €6950. Everything else seems to be in order with Full service history, nice drive etc. I am seriously thinking of buying it. Still the high mileage is giving second thought. What does everyone else think?

petrol or diesel? jeeeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ccyy123

oops, it's petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

you can get a new Ka for 8k with the scrappage scheme!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That price seems a fair bit steep for a fiesta with that kind of milage :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

06, 88,000 miles? did youy convert that figure or is it an import?

88,000k isn't particularly bad for an 06 petrol, 88,000 miles is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

too much money for too little car.... go on the look out again.

That price seems a fair bit steep for a fiesta with that kind of milage :confused:

I know, but the mechanic said it's in pristine condition.
    MYOB wrote: »
    06, 88,000 miles? did youy convert that figure or is it an import?

88,000k isn't particularly bad for an 06 petrol, 88,000 miles is.

Oh no, definitely miles, cause I triple check.

Damn it, it's supposed to be €6250, should not have that last pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

'06 Low milage minters out there for under 6k. Why would you bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

ccyy123 wrote: »
    I know, but the mechanic said it's in pristine condition.

Be that as it may, why would you give more than the market value for a fiesta??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's over priced and no one will want it when you're finished with it. High mileage small cars generally are a big no no

Yep, the mileage is really way too high. Well, thanks for leading me the right way.

Was just talking to one of my co-workers, her friend's husband works in a garage and she remembered from a while ago that the garages are more keen to lower their prices of used cars after september because of money being tighter since kids are back to school. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've viewed that car you are talking about, it's a 1.4 Ghia model right? They were looking for too much money for it considering the high mileage and the fact that they had a similar year 1.25 litre model with a fraction fo the miles for less money.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've viewed that car you are talking about, it's a 1.4 Ghia model right? They were looking for too much money for it considering the high mileage and the fact that they had a similar year 1.25 litre model with a fraction fo the miles for less money.

Yea, that's the one, didn't see the 1.25 steel I was hoping to see. Will have another look around

Advertisement