Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking - speed networking

Options
  • 19-08-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,

I am looking for some networking events to attend in the Dublin area, seems to be quiet this time of year but if anyone know of any please send me a link / point me in the right direction.

I would also like to know what do people make of Speed Networking? Have you been to an event? What was it like - worthwhile or not? Was there a huge mix of businesses or was it themed? It seems to be popular enough but I can't find any to go to right now.

Any information would be appreciated

Cheers
    SK
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Romka

I know EYP (European Young Professionals) organise their events about once a month in the city centre, went to one, really worth it. If you would like to know more about it, I could give you contact details for them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Try the Business Owners Network. They have monthly events in the D4 Berkley Hotel.

As for speed networking itself it can be very hit and miss, as with all networking.

Kind Regards

Dbran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ezeway

Would be happy to attend few myself. Please post all info possible. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SusanKCoaching

Cheers thanks for the tips. Once I find a few to attend I will post what I found good.

Susan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Romalda wrote: »
    Good morning!

I have attended a BNI meeting last Thursday morning. It was absolutely brilliant! But it is only for business people.. The only thing about BNIs is that only one person per trade can be a member, eg. only one accountant, carpenter, plumber, and so on. If you have a business and are looking for a networking meeting, this is a brilliant choice. :)

Yes but very very expensive and the quality of referrals if you get any can be very suspect (almost cold call).

• Advertisement
Advertisement