Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sink stopper jammed- how to remove?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,we have a stopper that is controlled by a small lever at the back of the tap. the stopper will not release now, when i pull the lever there is no movement.I investigated the back of the sink (without dis-mounting) and it appears that the final link between the lever and the stop is no longer joined.i fear i may have to remove the sink and the like before i can re-attach the lever. at present i dont have enough room behind the sink to make any headway.Can anyone guide me as to the best course of action here? much appreciated to anyone who can aid me in some way.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Two ways

1, The horizontal bar at the back of the waste in under the sink can be adjusted or refitted if come away. If it cannot then just unscrew the threaded bit take out the bar and stick something like a pencil in to pop up the waste.

2, Is 2 teespoons as levers to pop the waste up.

Advertisement