Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire breathing/fire eating??

Options
  • 19-08-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello everyone...I don't know if I'm writing in the right place or not..

So I'm just wondering if any of ye know any Fire breathing/fire eating workshops?..or anywhere I could learn.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to start on my own....that wouldn't end well,even with the step-by-step instructions from the web.
    Also,Anyone with experience; I'd love to hear from You.

Thanks everyone.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Flygroove

Hiya,

Did you have any luck finding a teacher?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 .Toree.

Hey,
    Nope, nothing..
    I spent hours browsing the net.. I keep finding performers,, but no-one is willing to actually teach.
    I'm clueless..Have you any idea? :):D
    Thankss

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

A few friends of mine are fire-breather. They actually manage a agency around, but I think the problem is that few people are willing to teach it to strangers because of how dangerous it is and and the health risks. No teacher wants to be liable if something goes wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Fire breathing is not that dangerous. As long as you don't do something incredibly stupid like try it with petrol, paint thinner - I've seen people do it with meths, but that's a really dangerous way to do it.

Use paraffin. It's not that volatile - it doesn't burn that easily, only when you spray it. So there's not much chance of setting yourself on fire.

Practice with water. It takes a while to get your spray technique right - you're trying to spit in a fine mist.

Then move to very small amounts of paraffin. Paraffin is safe. It won't create the fireball unless you spray it properly. Keep going back to the water to get your spray right.

Do sensible things - like wear something covering your hair and goggles for your eyes and do it somewhere safe where you're not going to set something on fire.

Advertisement