Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Boyne Sea Trout Regulations 2010

Options
  • 19-08-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm the regulation for sea trout fishing on the Boyne.
    Basically can a fish under 40cm be kept?

I've looked up the regulation and it states 'catch and release for all salmon and sea trout'
    But does that mean all sea trout or sea trout over 40cm?

Just reading the reports and I see that they are catching sea trout at oldbridge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Octopus wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm the regulation for sea trout fishing on the Boyne.
    Basically can a fish under 40cm be kept?

I've looked up the regulation and it states 'catch and release for all salmon and sea trout'
    But does that mean all sea trout or sea trout over 40cm?

Just reading the reports and I see that they are catching sea trout at oldbridge.

RIVER BOYNE- RATHMULLEN/MELL FISHERY
    Opening season, 1st March to 30th September, with abag limit of 5 trout per day.
    In 2010 the Boyne river is open to angling for Salmon and Sea trout over 40cm on a catch a release system, and open to angling for sea trout under 40cm. There is a ban on the use of worms and anglers must use single barbless hooks at all times.
    The use of chest waders is forbidden until further notice at this fishery.
    Only fully paid menbers can fish club watersfrom the opening of the season.

This was taken from the Drogheda and district anglers menbership book, i think around oldbridge is Slane&Rosn. club waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Thanks for the Info Skipz.

Ya, Oldbridge is Slane & Rossin. Just joined so looking to get going.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

No bother. Sea trout seem to be moving up into the boyne alright, was on the river today before the rain but got nothing:(

Advertisement