Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New free Veggie Magazine

Options
  • 19-08-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

http://www.morethanmushrooms.co.uk/

Aimed at UK and Irish Veggies. The first issue leans more to the UK so anyone wishing to change this should add in their tupence worth.

Editted to say I had to laugh at one of the comments on the website -
    "Why do restaurants insist on calling it the ‘vegetarian option’ when it implies that you have a choice?"
    So true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Thanks for that - will definately as a newbie vegetarian!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks for info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

sure what more would ya need than mushrooms :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

--LOS-- wrote: »
    sure what more would ya need than mushrooms :P

youre spending waaaaay to much time with....

thanks for the Weyhey!
    i subscribed :)

• Advertisement

I went into my neighbours to see what they had to eat when my sister was babysitting (they're related, s'ok) and lolled at them with half a box of mushrooms, just the idea that it was not full or empty. Then I made a raw mushroom sandwich :pac:

oh I subscribed also weyhey!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

Thanks for that, nice little magazine with some good info!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I went into my neighbours to see what they had to eat when my sister was babysitting (they're related, s'ok) and lolled at them with half a box of mushrooms, just the idea that it was not full or empty. Then I made a raw mushroom sandwich :pac:

oh I subscribed also weyhey!

My work here is so done, LOL

My work here is so done, LOL

I am craving them so much now :o

Visit to the neighbours is in order >_>

And I always liked mushrooms byyyy the way.

'Ewww you are eating raw mushrooms ewww, that's just weird you freak'

to

'had a a raw mushroom sandwich today mmmm'

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

mushroom tea is great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but I'm amazed at the amount of people who genuinely believe raw mushrooms are poisonous "Cuz, like, it's a fungus." :p

Looks like a nice magazine too *reads*

Absurdum wrote: »
    mushroom tea is great :pac:

got some to do that before and went off before I tried, whups!

Breezer wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but I'm amazed at the amount of people who genuinely believe raw mushrooms are poisonous "Cuz, like, it's a fungus." :p

Looks like a nice magazine too *reads*

You've just joined the mushroom appreciation thread, complimentary magazine on the house :P

I used to be one of those people btw but I've seen the light.

come my child, to the faith of tar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

Weyhey wrote: »
    http://www.morethanmushrooms.co.uk/

Aimed at UK and Irish Veggies. The first issue leans more to the UK so anyone wishing to change this should add in their tupence worth.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm actually the Founder and Editor of More than Mushrooms.

I'm not sure if it's the done thing to say hello as I don't want to scare anyone else off from posting comments, but I felt strangely rude reading this thread and not replying!

I don't post very regularly on Boards myself but my husband is a big contributor, and I'm a long-time lurker, so I value the opinion of Boardsies :)

The request for more Irish content is duly noted Weyhey, and thanks very much for starting a thread about the magazine.

Comments, requests and reader contributions are very welcome from anyone at any time - feel free to send me a pm if you prefer or to drop me a line via the contact page on the More than Mushrooms site.

Hope you all enjoy it and find it a good read. Issue two is out at the end of the week.

Dee

As somebody that thinks there is not more to life than delicious mushrooms, how will you cater to my needs? hehe

Welcome to the veggie forum, thanks for making the post! It's good to get interaction from the author.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

As somebody that thinks there is not more to life than delicious mushrooms, how will you cater to my needs? hehe

You're in for a treat then as in the coming issue we have two very fancy mushroom recipes! lol! :D

Oh great! I think i have an addiction. :)

Advertisement