Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I Buy Kronenbourg??

Options
  • 19-08-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can any of you help??
    I need to get my hands on a couple of cases of Kronenbourg (or even Kronenbourg 1664..not as good a beer tho').

I've tried EVERYWHERE...I'm in Limerick and I've have tried the independents and all other major "Offies" and supermarkets in Limerick and Dublin.

Can anyone help...

Cheers (or not!!)

Mike
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think it's gone from the Irish market. It was owned by Scottish & Newcastle and 1664 was brewed by them at the Beamish brewery Cork. When S&N was split between Heineken and Carlsberg, Heineken got Beamish and Carlsberg got Kronenbourg so there was no longer any Irish brewery with the rights to make it.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen ordinary red-label Kronenbourg in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thanks Beernut..
    have you ever heard of anyone importing small amounts of beer??

I know Im clutching at straws here!!!

Cheers

Mike

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Your best bet is to go North and try the supermarkets there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I've a while feeling I saw it in Tesco Maynooth but might be wrong.

I'll have a look in Sainsburys in the north tonight (I know that's a bit out of your way though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I bought some 440ml cans in Newry in June. I'll be back up north next week and report if its still for sale.

• Advertisement

hi
    Thanks a million lads... Any sightings/info greatly appreciated..
    I would defo head North 2 fill up the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm just back from Sainsburys, Newry. OP, plenty of Kronenbourg there on offer in both bottles and cans. Must be a popular drink up there in that there is a fair amount of shelve space allocated to the drink.

Helped myself to 20 cans of the stuff, no queues either. :) Cans are 5% vol(440ml) at a pound a can if that helps. They seemed to have more of the bottles though, up to you what to pick :)

Cheers Gurramok!!!

I'll be heading up there to stock up pretty soon...

Advertisement