Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 C70 Buyers advice - Installing new interior

Options
  • 19-08-2010 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Im looking at a 2007 T5 with low miles, but is there anything in particular that should be looked for/asked about?

Also i would love a cream leather interior with wood trim if possible. Can this be fitted in Ireland/Uk and any idea how much it would cost?
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I suggest you register on this site, lots of savy Volvo owners and good info there:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

To be honest you'd be better off waiting until you find a car in the spec you want. Proper interior re-fit would be at least €2k and afaik items like door trims for that car are eye wateringly expensive. My uncle had the silver one on his S40 and when it got badly scratched the price he got nearly gave him a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cartronics in Dublin can refit interiors, and they do quality work. A lot of high end main dealers use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

For the full cream interior you'd need to take up the carpets, and replace the steering wheel - as well as all the seats, door cards, dash, armrest, seatbelts etc.

Sounds like a nightmare of a job!

OP - no experience of the C70, but we do have an S80 2.5T Geartronic in work. Great car to waft along in, but I'm amazed at how Volvo have managed to take the engine that rockets a Focus ST along at great pace, and turn it in to a thirsty snail.

There is no urgency at all in the car, and you'd be lucky to get 500km from a tank - even on a long run. And I think it's either a 70 or 80 litre tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

Saw a thread here recently that one of the Volvo dealerships recently went into liquidation. Might be worth keeping an eye our for any possible deals when the liquidator is selling the assets.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055997555

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Thanks Guys...
    Maybe i'll let the interior as is for a while.
    I called the dude and he didnt seem to want to entertain a bit of haggling. I came within 2700 of his price with my own car and he still wasnt moving...

I spose the thing im wrestling with now, is the amount of money i'd be shelling out. Its the guts of 20k, which i have in savings. But then thats it gone.

Now at the min im putting myself thru medschool and AIB will have to interject to help, which isnt a problem from either end. 2.5% loan which isnt a bad rate i reckon

Im torn between on the one hand wanting to save the money, and on the other hand saying this is the one chance i'll get cheap money for a car. Fingers crossed in 3 years time i'll be able to pay it back.

Im **** sick of driving my banger while others swan around in top motors paid for by their loan...

Sorry about the rant, i had to vent that... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

If you really want a new interior, then these guys in the UK should be worth a try: http://www.salvogroup.co.uk/

As mentioned above, you'd be best to look for a car that matches your requirements best than tailoring one that doesn't. As with most convertibles, they are a far more popular car in the UK, so I'd recommend searching there for a greater selection.

The T5 engine is the one to go for in the petrol engine range, as the 2.4i is apparently underpowered. It's a fantastic engine and full of charchter, so much so that Ford stole it for their Focus ST. The only downside you should know about is that, being a heavy car with a turbocharged pertrol five cylinder engine, it is not going to be the easiest on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cream seats/door cards and black dash/carpets would look grand IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Thanks Guys...

Im **** sick of driving my banger while others swan around in top motors paid for by their loan...

Are you mad? paid for by their loan. And paid for again by you.

This is why the country is as wrecked as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I spose the thing im wrestling with now, is the amount of money i'd be shelling out. Its the guts of 20k, which i have in savings. But then thats it gone.

Now at the min im putting myself thru medschool and AIB will have to interject to help, which isnt a problem from either end. 2.5% loan which isnt a bad rate i reckon

Im torn between on the one hand wanting to save the money, and on the other hand saying this is the one chance i'll get cheap money for a car. Fingers crossed in 3 years time i'll be able to pay it back.

Sorry about the rant, i had to vent that... :)

Like me/many, you'd like a C70, nearly got one a few years back myself and i'm glad I didnt, I looked at a few cars and was nearly on the verge of buying any of them but i had a niggling doubt about payments in case I lost my job, now while that might not be an issue for you in the future, I wouldn't rely on hoping I could make payments, tired of driving an old car? is it reliable? not bad on the mileage? Id consider that, unless or until it is giving you trouble. I see guys getting bmw's and all sorts and I dont know how they will manage and they dont seem to care, but they might eventually.Who wouldnt love a nice car? if you're sick of driving a banger, if it isnt reliable or economic or if you really want to change there are plenty of other cars you could get in the interim, plenty of bargains around I think. If that doubt wasnt in the back of your mind you may already have got it. I'd be thankful it's there unlike those that launch themselves into debt carelessly, it might help you. Eventually I plan to get something myself but I cant throw away my dwindling emergency fund on a car. I'm sure you will get people saying, ahh just dive in, you only live once, but there is a difference between throwing away money when you need it and then being stuck for the cash AND knowing you really can afford to part with it.

• Advertisement

Ha ha - Thanks Guys...

Im driving a 99 saxo that rattles like a stone in a tin can all the time. Its NCT passed but the brakes are dodgy, tyres bald and mirrors broken off.

My daft reasoning is that im going to be a minimum of 40grand in debt in 2 years time anyway. The bank are fine with this. I currently have about 20k cash left of my savings. Over the next 2 years a lot of miles will have to be driven to different placements. Why not make my debt 50 grand and help ensure i arrive alive to pay my debt?

I dont know...

In the interim of getting a new car I'd either fix or pay to get the brakes sorted, fix the mirrors and buy new tyres, maybe second hand part worn ones? No point in driving unsafe in the meantime. Personally I'd drive it on till it caves, whats on the odometer now? what year?
    Not keen on saxo, bit small but I'm sure its cheap to run.
    You could get something in between thats comfortable or go all out and get what you want, I'd certainly be looking for something with good mpg / lt/100km

Merch wrote: »
    You could get something in between thats comfortable or go all out and get what you want, I'd certainly be looking for something with good mpg / lt/100km

How bout this?
    Collecting it Tuesday.

Thanks for the help Guys

Nice, how much? if you dont mind
    Saw one just like that recently, but the leather was bit over worn and the steering wheel was really rough/ripped.
    How many miles on it? year?
    Like them myself, that a diesel? 1.9?

About 3k when it clears. 70k miles and owned by a coupe enthuaist so its as close to mint as you'll get.
    Its a 3litre v6 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

How bout this?
    Collecting it Tuesday.

Thanks for the help Guys

Hmmm...

That looks more like a 406 Coupe than a C70.

Advertisement