Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hair!? Protein Fillers?!

Options
  • 19-08-2010 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Okay, so here's the thing. I've always used dyes from boxs, not professional as i'm not able to afford paying over 50 euro each time!
    I always seem to go back to red! & i love it when it's BRIGHT!

But, it won't stay that way for longer than a week or two! :(

I've recently used Schwarzkopf's Red XXL. It turned out amazing. For two weeks. Then it faded. Now my hair's a mix between orange & red. :cool:

I've heard of Colourful's Protein Hair Filler. It's supposed to work wonders! Use it before dying hair and it adds colour to your hair etc. i've seen girls on youtube demonstrating it, their hair turns out really good.

I've also got tips for preserving your red hair;

* Wash hair in cold water (This works)
    * Find a really good shampoo or dont use it at all (Strips colour from your hair)
    * Don't wash hair for two days after dying hair. (Red hair molecules are the biggest and tend to need a while to settle into hair)
    * Don't wash hair everyday, (it's better for your hair anyway)

Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

hey, i've heard of various people using cranberry juice to make their hair more red & vibrant. even nicole kidman does it. take a look at this:

http://www.examiner.com/beauty-education-in-norfolk/how-can-i-color-my-red-hair-naturally

plus it's natural and much cheaper than hair products, and has no chemicals in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twilight_Muse

pixie_dust wrote: »
    hey, i've heard of various people using cranberry juice to make their hair more red & vibrant. even nicole kidman does it. take a look at this:

http://www.examiner.com/beauty-education-in-norfolk/how-can-i-color-my-red-hair-naturally

plus it's natural and much cheaper than hair products, and has no chemicals in it.
    I've never heard of using cranberry before but i'll give it a shot :) Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

hey, i use the xxl as a base and then use a semi permanent over it in between.

i use a brand called stargazer- in 'shocking pink' mixed with either 'magenta' or 'hot red', depending on how bright/pink/deep i want it! these dyes are conditioning as well, and are kind of like a coating over the hair. so you dont need to worry about damaging it as much when your hair fades you can just top it up. and like i said you can mix colours to get your perfect colour.

it stains everything though!! i mean everything!!!! showers and baths get ruined, your neck will be red for days! but this will give you an idea of how well it works on hair too! :p

you can buy them in new look but they dont have many boxes and rarely have hot red-if ever- for 7euro, or on bodyjewelleryshop.com for 4pounds (this is actually not spam, i swear lol! :pac:). i use three bottles but could prob get by with 2 but i always worry i wont have enough! my hair is shoulder length!

so you only need to use xxl when your roots are showing. and only use the semi one when the rest is fading. id recommend using the xxl according to the regrowth instructions and then when thats all washed out use the stargazer like it says on the box! you might wanna get a tinting brush and bowl as well. its a bit pasty compared to other dyes. also i leave it on alot longer than it says, about 45mins to an hour to get a really intense colour. make sure you clean your face!!! dont leave any of it on your face even just for a sec because it will stain! keep baby wipes handy!

as for the stuff you see on youtube, those girls prob do the video straight after they've used the product so id take it with a pinch of salt, because everyones hair looks great when its just done, i dunno i havent seen them but im just guessing!

best of luck! that post really came accross as spam, sorry, just trying to help!

Advertisement