Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutriotion therapy/nutrition

Options
  • 19-08-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anybody studied at Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health (IINH)www.iinh.net

or

Institute of Health Sciences (IHS)
    www.instituteofhealthsciences.com

Trying to decided between the 2 to do a certificate or diploma in Nutrition.
    Thanks for any comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Hi Sabinette,

just wondering which course you went with and why? Am thinking of starting one also, looking at the different courses being ran by these 2 institutes. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sabinette

Hi Veggie newbie,

I've decided to stay with the IINH as I would get FETAC and ITEC awards if I stop at year 1. The other school doesn't give you any FETAC award and might give you an ITEC one if you have experience in another discipline. Also the admin fee for IHS is quite high if you decide to join now. IINH is I believe where the founder of IHS has done her original course ( they have been around for a while). I have talked to students from both organisations and the feedback was very good.

If you do the diploma in IHS, they cover anatomy and physiology on Year 1. It's on year 3 in IINH.

IHS's website is very good and they offer sample course material. The IINH one doesn't look as good but maybe they don't allocate much budget to that.

With both you can do a certificate that is part of year 1 in the diploma course. I haven't decided on the diploma yet but IINH is letting me chose later on during the year ( the year 1 certificate is slightly longer and more expensive that the basic cert) and you can take a year out of the diploma if you need to.

What I would suggest if for you to talk to both and see which one you prefer.

Anyhow, I am starting the course this weekend so could give you more information later on if you like.

Hope it helps ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ThinderLand

Hi there,
    I am just finishing my qualification for Nutritional Therapy from IINH. I can only recommend it. They are the only college of nutrition with an accreditation with BTEC, FETAC and ITEC. And they are working hard on further accreditation.

Also they are currently updating their website so keep checking it out for updates. They also have a very active facbeook page. www.facebook.com/LearnNutrition

If you have any questions about the course please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KMarieC

Hi there,

I know it has been a few years since this discussion, but I am currently trying to make a decision on which of these two courses to attend, I would be hugely grateful of any advice as I am really struggling to make a decision.
    Thanks

Advertisement