Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gen V Hopes

Options
  • 19-08-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

There's a couple of Gen V wishlist threads on various other forums I browse but nothing here. So as the title suggests post what you'd hope to see in the new games.

-Decent sidequests for the post game ie. something more than just a battle frontier
    -Cameos from old gym leaders; twould be nice to meet the likes of say Green on a travelling journey around the world.
    -An online anime style league (will never happen though :P)

Also in general I'd like to see the metagame changed with the advent of 3 vs 3 battles. Teams these days are mainly just OU's unless tiers are established in the rules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Random wi-fi battles!

Also agree on the HM's. Why can't your character move big boulders or swim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I too wish the over-reliance on HMs would disappear, they could just as easily introduce other means of closing off areas to you without forcing you to come back with a HM slave later on.

I also think baby Pokémon are a bit of a design cop-out as they don't really serve that much of a purpose other than filling a Pokédex entry and introducing certain moves to Pokémon that they could have been given another way. I wish to see less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Maybe some evolution lines based on how you treat your pokemon. eg keep his health up, cure poisening straight away, give him berrys etc will allow him to evolve into one pokemon, but mistreat him, let him faint in battle etc will result in another, more evil looking pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I thought they were changing that?
    I read it somewhere ...have to look for it again later .....but I thought I read they were changing all hms to be like tms ..and pokemon will instead have specific abilities and stuff

*could be very wrong...but...*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

C-gear is supposed to give us random wi fi battles and an online leaderboard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

wobbles wrote: »
    Maybe some evolution lines based on how you treat your pokemon. eg keep his health up, cure poisening straight away, give him berrys etc will allow him to evolve into one pokemon, but mistreat him, let him faint in battle etc will result in another, more evil looking pokemon.

That's what I was hoping for in Black/White after hearing that those were the
    names. We've got several sliding-scale stats at the moment (like Happiness)
    and having an "Evil-o-meter" where some Pokemon evolve depending on the
    actions of their trainers, either into nice cuddly Pokemon or less cuddly spiky
    Pokemon seemed like it'd be awesome, to me.

Possibly I was just crossing "Pokemon" with the old game "Black & White" in
    my head. After I thought about it some it didn't seem to fit with the values that Pokemon promotes, considering that in order to "catch 'em all" you'd
    either have to deliberately mistreat your Pokemon or trade with someone
    who did.

I'm most excited by this whole "put your Pokemon online" thing. I imagine a
    Pokemon-esque Farmville online where you can send items and Pokemon into
    the Internet, interact with them over some app and get some degree of
    reward that you can fire back into the DS from time to time. Add quests into
    the online bit and you expand your game a *lot*. I know my... err... friends
    who play casual games on Facebook or whatever get a lot from the simple
    gameplay there. Same thing... but with Pokemon!

I'd love to see more story in the game. I'm highly motivated by stories in
    games in general, and it's always the games with the most engaging stories
    I come back to, even after the story has ended (thinking of the Warcraft &
    Starcraft series big-style here.)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

An idea. Maybe no HM's and just a badge from a GYM leader will let you access new areas. (:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

An idea. Maybe no HM's and just a badge from a GYM leader will let you access new areas. (:

That makes me think of a person blocking off an area, threatening to kneecap you if you don't have the right badge and try to pass them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Sounds like a great idea. They could keep the same system so certain badges will just allow your character to do the abilities that were previously HM's, as in get the Blade badge and your trainer can Cut, the Float badge and you can Surf etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Denny M wrote: »
    That makes me think of a person blocking off an area, threatening to kneecap you if you don't have the right badge and try to pass them.

xD No. What penguin88 said. Or even, you got Key Item tools. Like when you got the Blade Badge, you get a saw. Float Badge - Raft. Rock Climb badge - Rope/hook. That kinda stuff. (: And you automatically used them, instead of having to go to your bag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But I like my idea of a kneecapping :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I think in the third version.....they should just flip everything upside down..same battling mechanics/etc...but for everything else, just completely change it somehow. and fix some of the evolutions...(the one's that require items and stuff....we don't need that many :P we don't really care we couldn't evolve a pokemon into one of it's new evos nowadays..screw that continuty thing...)

oh and seeing as there's now a number 000 in the isshu dex....some sort of side quest/story involving a "glitch" or something..which results in you ending up catching missingno...(who'd be number 000 in the national dex) that would be an epic sort of homage to the original games....they need to just mix it up and throw in random ideas at this stage :) i can dream....:pac:

but black/white are looking very very epic at this stage tbh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

A return to the Golden Age - R/B and G/S. Forgo the childish rubbish and the finicky bits. I reckon more adults play it then kids at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A deviation from the standard 8-Gyms-Victory-Road-Elite-Four-Champion formula would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

less Zubats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

MatthewVII wrote: »
    less Zubats

How does zero Zubats sound? Or zero Geodudes? There will be no old pokemon pre-Elite Four in Pokemon BW, so we can all enjoy the lack of common pokemon, and find new regulars to hate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

More Zubats. In fact, nothing but Zubats!

... I just wanted to be different :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

I hated Zubat for ages, until I gave in and raised one. I loved Crobat! After that I raised one lots of times, and I didn't hate them as much.

Geodude, on the other hand... Without compatible wifi or friends to trade with, I hated not being able to get Golem. And this turned into a hate of Geodude. Seriously, don't rocks come in any other form? It also bugged me that Geodude didn't have Levitate, despite its clear hovering. Take it away as an ability when he evolves, sure, but come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

wobbles wrote: »

I can't seen Nintendo doing this, for the simpile fact thats this format has been tried and failed.

*Exibit A*----> Digimon

The game is popular really only in Japan, not so much America and I could't even get the new ones "DAWN and DUSK" in europe. I had to import from America.

One concept I really liked, besides the various 'mon that your digimon can become, is the breeding system. You could use Wi-Fi to find another player and have your digimon and mate for an egg to raise. This would be cool in Pokémon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement