Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town and rural/local buses in Co Galway

Options
  • 19-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭

I've been working on a list of the rural transport providers in Galway - wondering if there are any others? Or indeed if any on the list are defunct etc? So far I've found:
    West Galway:

North / East Galway
    • Colleran Buses - Ballinasloe
      Rural transport buses serving Ballinasloe, Caltra, Ahascrag, Aughrim, Mullagh and Cappataggle once a week.
    • North East Galway Rural Transport programme
      Provides services to rural communities between Headford, Williamstown / Ballymoe and Ballygar in the East, including areas in between (Tuam, Glenamaddy, Moylough and Mountbellew)
    • SE Galway IRD - "The Local Bus"
      Provides services in the Portumna / Woodford area. Contact XXX (can't find a website, so am listing a phone no only - obviously can't show that here on boards.ie).

Also, I'm wondering if there are any local town services?

I have a feeling I've heard about one in Tuam, but can't find any details on Google. The Department of Transport list says that "Farragher International Travel Services Ltd" is licenced for a service that starts and ends in Tuam - wondering if this is it, and if there's any contact/info on the web (or elsewhere).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Burke's bus to and from Tuam
    http://www.burkesbus.com/

They are known through The Saw Doctors' Joyce Country Ceili band
    Howya madge are you on you own?
    Howya fixed far a seat back home

Madge being in reference to the lady who owns/drives the bus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I had thought Madge Burke was another different Bus Service actually, but I guess it makes sense when Sawdocs are from Tuam lol. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Farrell Travel do Galway - Athenry

Farrell Travel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Healy's do a good service from Loughrea to Galway:

http://www.healytours.ie/ss_loughrea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah, I know about (I think!) all the regional services that go to/from Galway.

It's the rural-transport providers (that somehow, I'm not quite sure how are licenced differently), and also any town-only not-to-Galway services that I'm interested in.

... and all this talk of Madge is making me homesick for a town (city me ar*e) I've never even lived in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement