Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Enterprise Allowance startup costs

Options
  • 19-08-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the procedure is for claiming startup costs on the short term enterprise allowance?

Welfare.ie is a bit vague, just says they need to be pre-approved by your local job facilitator.

I got the enterprise allowance approved a couple of months ago, discussed a possible use of the startup costs funding, and the job facilitator seemed quite happy with it. She just said that the costs would need to be paid directly by them to the supplier, which makes sense

I had delays with the CRO in getting the business registered, I'm now all set to spend those startup costs, but after eventually getting through to the local social welfare office, the job facilitator is on holidays, best they can do is give me an appointment 3 weeks from today. I'm reluctant to put everything on hold until then. The person I was talking to seemed to know nothing about it, seemed to think I was talking about actually being approved for the enterprise allowance.

Could anyone who's been through the procedure before give me an idea of how it actually works?

Advertisement