Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing wall tiles for paint

Options
  • 19-08-2010 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All

If a bathroom has floor to ceiling tiles and I want to remove them and paint a large portion of the walls and only retile certain areas, will I need to re-plaster the wall where the old tiles came off before painting ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

99% certain yes, even if concrete wall.
    If stud wall then you have a bigger problem:)

Depending on the situation you could dab on a sheet of plaster board and tile/paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'd say 100% certain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

its very very rare...(ballymun flats with there mass concrete walls was the only place that i have seen a situation) that you will get away with taking tiles from a wall and be able to paint it without plastering...

Infact...Make life simpler... Take the plasterboard down and reboard it and get a plaster in to plaster it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

+1 on what Joey said. Rip down all the plasterboard, and it'll take tile and all down with it. Re-slab and re-plaster and it'll be as good as new.

Advertisement