Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RadioTime or similiar

Options
  • 19-08-2010 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi
    i really want radiotime on my desire, but obviously since its a paid app i cant download.
    its the only comprehensive radio player i know of i.e. basically any station worth listening to is on it
    2 qeustions - is there a way to install it, or is there anything which will do the same thing?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

The only way to get paid apps available in Ireland at the moment is by rooting your phone, unfortunately.

Not sure on the second question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 feadog

The problem is that to get paid apps you need to root your phone - and if you root your phone you can't install RadioTime.

I emailed RadioTime (using - http://radiotime.com/contact-us.aspx) about it saying that I was happy to pay them for it and they just sent me the following link without asking for any payment:

<link removed>

It works great. I use it all the time. You can setup your presets on their website and they appear on your phone. You can also search for stations based on your location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

thanks for the link. will try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

feadog wrote: »
    The problem is that to get paid apps you need to root your phone - and if you root your phone you can't install RadioTime.

I emailed RadioTime about it saying that I was happy to pay them for it and they just sent me the following link without asking for any payment:

It works great. I use it all the time. You can setup your presets on their website and they appear on your phone. You can also search for stations based on your location.

That was very decent of them! It's a really great app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Playsatan

Is that link exclusive to you Feadog ?

Im interested in downloading this but I dont want to take advantage of the developer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 feadog

Good point about the link.

Have emailed them to see if it's OK to distribute (possibly a bit late!).

Problem is there's no other way for us in Ireland to get the app...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The link you posted is for an ad-supported version. Do you get ads in the paid version? You can edit the post you made to remove the link if the developer doesnt want it up there

I use Andro Radio to get BBC world service but it's a bit tempermental and drops connection sometimes when the screen locks. this gives you access to all the BBC radio stations which is nice. It'll do for me untill BBC release iplayer for Android

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Saadyst wrote: »
    The only way to get paid apps available in Ireland at the moment is by rooting your phone, unfortunately.
    feadog wrote: »

What phones do ye guys have? I have paid apps on my Xperia x10 and it is not rooted, never was!

Advertisement