Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Android. Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro?

Options
  • 18-08-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭

So i need a new phone and have been looking at some nice Android phones, i really don't fancy an iPhone.

So i was considering a couple of different HTC phones and that. And i came across the SE X10 mini Pro.

I'm on prepay with Meteor, it's €259 where the HTC Legend is €389 so the price is a major plus.

Would i be better off paying the rest for a HTC? Or even an iPhone?

Another thing to take into consideration is i am headin abroad soon so i will need to have it unlocked? How easy is this?

Would anyone recommendthe X10 or anything else instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

The mini pro looks great - especially price wise and the fact it has less ram than a g1 didnt seem to impact reviews on it so its hardly slow.

Unlocking should be easy enough - whether through the network or on your own.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/08/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-mini-mini-pro-review/

read that - and if you still want it, buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Most people would recommend the HTC Desire, its expensive but well worth it imo, apparently the new desire will have a hardware keyboard (might not be true) but that would be a deal breaker for me.

Despite the shocking battery life I'm happy with mine. My brother bought the galaxy s on upgrade but has decided to keep his desire. As far as I know they're factory unlocked so should be no problems there. Also rooting the phone and installing roms is great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

how many hours do you get on your desire?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There's a Mini and a Mini Pro, with the difference being a slide out QWERTY keyboard for an extra €10. Well worth it.

I fancy the HTC too but is it worthan extra €130 - €140?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

If you fancy a HTC, the Wildfire looks a nice option for 20euro more.

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=200153

Not in the same class as the Desire obviously but ive had a play around with one recently and was impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Vokes wrote: »

Not in the same class as the Desire obviously but ive had a play around with one recently and was impressed.

That is VERY nice.

This is Sim Free i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, that's right, that's the SIM-free price online.

Im not sure who sells it instore? But definitely try have a go of it, to see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Vokes wrote: »

Meh. Picked one up in the Meteor store today and it felt slightly… cheap. The chin was misaligned with the body so scrolling was a PITA. And the QVGA screen isn't all that great, especially when you consider that a sizable section of the Marketplace doesn't support it. That applies to the Mini Pro too, FYI.

You're best off getting the Hero on the cheap. Adverts.ie have a bunch of them for ~€200.

Basically the same phone with a higher rez screen.

Of course, it probably won't get the official FroYo update but there is Froyd Villian and I'm sure some bright spark will port over the Legend Froyo update so you can get some Sense goodness.

Advertisement