Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Bookies? Advice...

• 18-08-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I've had a Ladbrokes account for two months and have a little under double my 'investment' (:p) in the account.

Yesterday I decided I'd open up a PaddyPower account and went to a store and got one of the cash cards. Activated it online, and intend to do the remainder of the activation in-store thing tomorrow or Friday. So no money on that account yet.

Whats the general consensus as to which bookies is better? I noticed PP pay-back a lot of bets that they deem to have been unfair etc... So that's a plus for them. In comparison to Ladbrokes, which would be the better one? Don't want to really have two running accounts.

Since I have no money in my PaddyPower account, are there any free bet promotions I should avail of?

Also whats the situation with the withdrawal procedure? For agrguements sake, say I have €100 in my account after depositing €10 and winning some bets. Can I go into the bookies, show them my card, and they give me an amount I ask for out of my online account. I then come home and the withdrawal has been deducted from my account balance? Or is there some bloomin' snags and catches??

Which bookies? 22 votes

Ladbrokes
    0%
    PaddyPower
    0%
    Other (Post what one)
    100%
    bigtimecharliecureheadTheShincallaway92SRFC90mookie2007Kod-boxneaideabhNuri Sahinmixed upKentodiceyreillyVeranceInsertwordheretiernanmul_gossonnkycrackcrack30Rocky_Dennisft9brozio7 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Shops-wise
    1st PP (have a lot of shop specials)
    2nd Boyles (have a fair amount of shops specials)
    3rd Lads (have a small amount of Shop Specials)
    all others in here and
    10th Hills (practically nothing of note)

Online Exchanges, Bet365, VC and the ones above.

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Bet365>All.

They still haven't banned me despite taking them for thousands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Betfair>all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Other (Post what one)
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Bet365>All.

365 banned me recently :) I've a second account that's still going strong though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭raheny red

None! Open a few accounts with different bookies and take the best price on whatever you choose to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Bet365
    Betfair
    Betpack
    Paddy

Not bothered with any of the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Betfair by a long way.

Of the high street chains, Paddy Powers are probably my favourite online.

Shop wise, the Boyles/Bruces stores near me have some good offers (full stake on a dead heat etc.)

I would never bet in a Ladbrokes shop unless they were clear best on a price I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Betfair
    Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Other (Post what one)
    paddy all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Boyles and WH have rubbish prices and are nearly always a fraction shorter. Hacketts should be blown up. PP and Lads are the best of the store shops. Bet 365 is the best of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

x PyRo wrote: »
    Bet365>All.

Bet 3.65? Good one.

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Not really, they've never avoided taking a decent sized bet from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

OP why do you only want to have 1 account?! If we have any hope of beating the bookies it's only by always backing best price. Best to have a range of accounts and look at oddschecker or bestbetting for prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Trampas

pp to me are a mickey mouse bookies.

all talk about been great but if you are a serious gambler they cut you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Celtic for a phone. Decent free bets for new accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I have an account with just about every online bookmaker on oddschecker. I use bet365 & Ladbrokes most regularly, probably followed by powers. Boyles are a pathetic shower, prices are usually awful & wouldn't lay an egg. Hills are often top price on Cheltenham ante post bets but on the downside rarely offer specials like extra places etc. Also I've noticed if the likes of Hills or Ladbrokes go top price something they hold the price far longer than others. As others have said, don't restrict yourself to just one online account. Costs nothing to open & you can avail of free bets. Then bet with whoever is offering you the best price. Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

One thing about PP is they do refund when something goes horribly wrong, like Sariska yesterday though just a max of 200 on that one. But things like paying out Dustin Johnson, Twist Magic in Punch, refund on New Approach when pulled day before the Irish Derby etc.....

They also pay out early like Chelsea in last years Prem before things got a bit hairy with around 5 games left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Whoever has best price followed by extra place/money back special. Loyalty is for dogs and their owners not punters and bookies.

Advertisement