Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Logic Board

Options
  • 18-08-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a 13" white macbook from late 2006 and the last day it stopped charging so I went and got a power adapter thinking that was the problem. Anyway turns out its not, still not charging so then I reset the SMC, still nothing so I have come to the conclusion that its the logic board (I must swap my battery with someone first to confirm that).

Local authorised mac dealer wants €620 to replace it, crazy. I can get one here for €290ish to the door and maybe put it in myself.

Just looking for anyones opinion on it? Its touch-and-go really if its worth putting €300 into an old laptop but you wouldn't get much for €300 either. And thats if swapping logic boards is possible for the layman. I might look for a scrapped macbook and give that a go aswel.

Thanks

Advertisement