Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Phonewatch alarm going off daily while unarmed

Options
  • 18-08-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All,

Have a HKC Eircom Phonewatch setup. The last two evenings at the same time (while the system has been unarmed) the alarm has gone off. Any idea what could be causing this?

The panel looks like this:

Keypad&Panelweb.jpg

Will happily call Eircom but expect it will take a few days for an engineer to visit. Problem is we're due to be away from the house over the next few evenings so the fear is this will continue even if we leave the system unarmed when out.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

When you disarm the alarm after the activation what does it say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

altor wrote: »
    When you disarm the alarm after the activation what does it say ?

Hey Altor, thanks for the response. I got to it yesterday evening but not this evening. Can't recall exactly what it said as I was in a panic to get it turned off but it said triggered in box room or something to that effect. Can't remember exact text (sorry not much use I know).

What I don't get is it going off while not armed. But hey, what do I know.

Hey Altor, thanks for the response. I got to it yesterday evening but not this evening. Can't recall exactly what it said as I was in a panic to get it turned off but it said triggered in box room or something to that effect. Can't remember exact text (sorry not much use I know).

What I don't get is it going off while not armed. But hey, what do I know.

Faulty sensor is more than likely the cause. They use point ID sensors on the system also so you would need an engineer code to change it. If you ring there helpline they will talk you through taking the sensor off the alarm till you can get it sorted. The code they get you to enter is the engineer code. Keep a note of this in case you ever need it again ;)

Thanks Altor. Appreciate your help.

Thanks Altor. Appreciate your help.

Your welcome, Always happy to help :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Their contact information is..

eircom PhoneWatch
    Unit 3/4, Sandyford Park
    Burton Hall Rd
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18

Find us here

tel: 01 207 6100
    sales: 1850 211 755
    customer support: 1850 211 765
    email: sales@ phonewatch.ie (sales enquiries) info@ phonewatch.ie(general enquiries)

Right, first line support agreed it might be a faulty sensor but they were unable to help with taking this sensor off the alarm. I have to wait for a callback from maintenance tomorrow to do this.

Upshot is they (mistakeningly I think) gave me the engineer code. So I might be able to take the sensor off the alarm myself. If anyone knows the steps, would appreciate it. If not, I'll take to reading manuals!

Right, first line support agreed it might be a faulty sensor but they were unable to help with taking this sensor off the alarm. I have to wait for a callback from maintenance tomorrow to do this.

Upshot is they (mistakeningly I think) gave me the engineer code. So I might be able to take the sensor off the alarm myself. If anyone knows the steps, would appreciate it. If not, I'll take to reading manuals!

More than happy to talk you through doing this. I will send you a P.M.

Advertisement