Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LARP and Kenjutsu

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I've read few people were looking for larp here. And nobodys looking for kenjutsu, because there are none in Ireland, here we've got the first. Anyone interested we're gonna start training soon, actually we're already training, but need to make weapons, find a cheap hall(I am looking now) for kenjutsu once a week somewhere in dublin south to do all the screaming and barefoot practice, rathfarnam preferably, and the rest of the time we're running on fields with rubber swords and spears, well two of us so far, and people in elven costumes with bows and arrows running on you at 6.00am in the local park, thats probably us. I know there are guys in Raheney, but it's too far. Ater moving to Ireland in 2004(done larp and fencing for couple of years before that in a stone ee ah) I lost all the hope for finding larpers apart from chess players or rpg or whatever you call them....So there is one guy I am practicing kenjutsu with now, he's been recently awarded his 1st dan in jikishin kage ryu kenjutsu in hungary after 6 years of practice, so we practice kenjutsu for an hour or two and then beating each other with larp swords for another hour. We do every thing that is about swords, japanese, european, fantasy. Battles! Battles! we can't have battles when there are only two of us, however we only started last month, I made two swords and a spear so far, probably from September we'll start training in a hall(kenjutsu) and in the park more advanced larp fencing, and have battles and roleplaying games, thinking of phoenix park sometimes for one day or two day games. I'll post few more messages in other posts, someone like you could be interested in it if you are reading this so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Crazy Aido

Hate to necro the thread, but is this still a thing?

I've been looking for kenjutsu in Ireland for a while not having much luck.

Advertisement