Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus app

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Is there any Dublin bus app out there?

Just something simple like the route numbers and when you click the times would come up?

And possibly the route on google maps?

If not could it be done, without a wifi/internet connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

would love something like that ;)

bus eireann too :)

aswell as the train :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

would love something like that ;)

bus eireann too :)

aswell as the train :D

Got the train covered with my app Next Train Ireland :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

A plugin for Layer would be the business

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Triangla wrote: »
    A plugin for Layer would be the business

Layer has one already. Around my area there is Dublin Bus signs for nearby bus stops, if I click the stop is drops down telling me what number bus services the stop, if I click "more" it then directs me to that timetable on the dublin bus website.

When you open layer the opening page greets you with a number of free plugins. click on dublin bus and you can view all the bus stops in the 3d real time view. On the top you can click map, which allows you to search through google maps, pinning all the locations of stops. List will display in a list.

So far its the best way I've found, was brilliant there a while back when I was in town in unfamiliar territory and wanted a bus to O'Connell st, heres what happend.

Was at an interview in the digital hub, I was dropped in by car but after was a bit lost. Opened up layer and saw bus stops were all over the place. Found one that would service O'Connell st but obviously in street view it can be a tad confusing to gather directions.

I clicked the map view and saw there was a stop nearby that serviced the route. From here I had gathered the bus number.

I clicked the Dublinbus sign on layers, clicked list and selected the route number I needed. Along popped up Timetable options for all the buses or "Take me there".

Hitting take me there brought the location up on google maps of the bus stop. Now navigation came into play, simply hit the blue navigate button, directions by foot and presto was on my way, headphones in was telling me directions as I walked and was pretty darn accurate.

First time I used layer properly but showed its power and potential.

There is also the same app available for trains.

Advertisement