Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Engineering

Options
  • 18-08-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

I'm a Civil Engineer who hasn't been able to get work in the Civil Engineering sector since last year.

Recently I have heard of an opportunity to retrain and get an Honours Degree in Chemical and Biopharmaceutical engineering.

I have heard that all of the 2009 graduates got jobs (no stats availabe for 2010). I have looked online but there doesn't appear to be any grad positions available at the moment

Are any of ye working in the chem/biopharm eng sector? what are the prospects like for graduate in the next few years? In the medium to long term do ye reckon that there will be the same level of activity or will the biopharm sector start pulling out of Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I did Chemical and Bio-process Eng and have had major trouble getting a job so wouldn't believe everything you hear. Good course though and it'll give you a great basis for further Eng disciplines such as food eng or pharmaceuticals though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Engineers Ireland are running a conversion program for something like this ie going from civil to process engineer (or something like that) ring them and get the details.

Advertisement