Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Sat dish and installer for Limerick City

Options
  • 18-08-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya folks,
    I'm looking for some advice on a dish setup and a guideline price for the Limerick area.
    I'm hoping to get a Dish set up for 13',19' and astra 2 while keeping Astra/Sky PVR functionality(on a Vu + Duo) on the downstairs TV and a freeview box active in a bedroom.

In my head the Set up works out as a 90cm dish, 3 lnb set up, 1 of which is a quad for Astra 2 and a 4way diseqc switch.

Now I see the wiring as running like this, 13' 19' and 1 feed off Astra 2 to diseqc switch(I have no experience with Diseqc but would this be the way to cable up to allow Astra PVR and keep other sat feeds too?
    Would a wavefront T90 be worthwhile? just looking at hm-satshop.de and they have an offer for a t90 plus 4 single LNBs for 139.99 plus shipping. I'm off a mind to get as much capability in as possible to start with and with a quad LNB for astra 2 I'd have access to 5 sats rather than just 3.
    Any opinion?

One feed of Astra 2 direct to box(will definitly be most used/recorded sat)and one direct to freeview box.

If anyone could point out the holes/mistakes in my thinking along with recommending a Dish/Equipment or indeed a supplier/Installer in the Limerick City area to do the job along with an @ price it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your help folks :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Send a Pm to Steveon he is an installer based in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

+1 for Steveon - did a great job for me.

scaller wrote: »
    Send a Pm to Steveon he is an installer based in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Edited 1st post.
    Thanks for the input so far folks

Advertisement