Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodchuck Cider

Options
  • 18-08-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I was in Munich talking to a tour guide from Roscommon when he told me about a cider he had when he was in America..
    It's called Woodchuck Cider and the particular variety he was talking about was made from Granny Smith apples..
    Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Can you get it anywhere here in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

It's really nice summer cider alright, but I don't believe that it's imported into Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

r0nanf wrote: »
    It's really nice summer cider alright, but I don't believe that it's imported into Ireland

By the sound of it, I reckon it might be like Savannah South African cider.
    Not to my taste but it does have that sweet eating apple flavour - very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boner

seanor3 wrote: »
    I was in Munich talking to a tour guide from Roscommon when he told me about a cider he had when he was in America..
    It's called Woodchuck Cider and the particular variety he was talking about was made from Granny Smith apples..
    Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Can you get it anywhere here in Ireland?

I found it yesterday in londis in malahide co Dublin, lived in the states for years and lived woodchuck. Apparently bulmers have now bought them over so we should be seeing more of woodchuck . It has loads of different varieties and is delish. Literally so happy when I found it yesterday I screamed and got a few dodgey looks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

in tesco in wilton now also think bout 3 varieties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

They're all over tesco. But I see that there's many other varieties of Woodchuck, Oak Aged, Pumpkin, Belgian White, Pear, Chocolate Raspberry, Sour Cherry, Chocolate Cherry! I doubt tesco will stock any of those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lovely cider - used to be a favourite of mine when in the US. Glad to see it's finally over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Woodchuck have a hybrid cider (for want of a better terminology) called Hopsation.
    Hard cider infused with cascade hops, a strange but enjoyable balance of sweet & bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

How much wood does a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

I saw three varieties last night in Gleeson's spar on Henry Street in Limerick. I grabbed a bottle of the 802 and the Amber. Quite sweet and also tart but very good cider. I'll stop in tonight to try a bottle of the Granny Smith. I notice it's being imported by WM Magner & Sons in Clonmel. Looks like they're beefing up their balance sheet by getting into the craft sector but not producing anything craft of their own. Having tasted Bulmers, I'm not surprised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

squonk wrote: »
    I notice it's being imported by WM Magner & Sons in Clonmel.
    Magners (C&C) owns Woodchuck (Vermont Hard Cider Company) outright.
    squonk wrote: »
    Looks like they're beefing up their balance sheet by getting into the craft sector but not producing anything craft of their own.
    Orpen's cider is produced under contract at Clonmel and is pretty decent, so they are capable of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They sell it in Tesco. I saw some the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

The Granny Smith variety is pretty nice. I was rather impressed with it. It'd also lend itself very well to cooking also I'd think. Hopefully the range will prove popular and we'll get some more varieties in time.

Advertisement