Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos 8G MP3 player

Options
  • 17-08-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Decent looking player for a decent price of €29.99

69-9006995aSPA72UC588956X.jpg

Linky
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Not too shabby, thanks. Just lost my Sansa clip, this looks like a good replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Not bad, although Argos is a little expensive, the sony USB versions of that are very good, good battery life and fast recharge only thing is once you use an Ipod you never want to go back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

peckerhead wrote: »
    Not too shabby, thanks. Just lost my Sansa clip, this looks like a good replacement.

Doh, that'll be hard to replace. If I lost my Sansa, I'd just buy another one! Are they still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Not for the €24.99 I paid for mine in Xtravision... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Mixed reviews for this, even on Argos' own site, problems with playback. I'm looking for a player to replace the Sansa to which Peckerhead refers and which died after six months. Even the good brands have rogues, I had bought that to replace a Sansa 2gb which I was confident would go on forever, until I lost it :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

The sony one is coola boola, I got mine years back and its bullet proof, comes with its own sony transfer system but you can get 3rd party alternatives which are faster.

Price range is around 60 euro, my mam got a cheap one from aldi which looked the same but performance was poor so spend a little extra cash for that better sound and battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

This player has this annoying defect of skipping the song for half second randomly.
    Argos are well aware of this fault and when you buy this particular model they will warn you that it cannot be exchanged (or something similar).
    I heard people getting it replaced and experiencing exactly the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Spotted the Sansa Fuze 8gb MP3 Player reduced to €44.50 earlier in Dunnes in Maynooth .. there was about 8 of them ..... and about 3 Sansa Clips 4GB reduced to €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Sansa Clip is also bullet proof. Mine went through a full wash and tumble dry, and came out working as new!

FM Radio is also a big bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

peckerhead wrote: »
    Not for the €24.99 I paid for mine in Xtravision... :(

I'm in the market for an MP3 player myself and that offer looks to be still valid on Xtravision's website.

What are these like for durability and storage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Philips GoGear think I paid about 40 euro for the 8 gig .. Simple design but the battery lasts forever Ive charged it once in nearly a month I mostly only use it for the gym but easily 20hrs +

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm in the market for an MP3 player myself and that offer looks to be still valid on Xtravision's website.

What are these like for durability and storage?

Even if it is, there's none to be had. The manager in my local Xtravision scoured the country for a replacement for mine.

eire2009 wrote: »
    Philips GoGear think I paid about 40 euro for the 8 gig .. Simple design but the battery lasts forever Ive charged it once in nearly a month I mostly only use it for the gym but easily 20hrs +

Bought one of these yesterday to replace my Sansa, I can't get it to work with Windows 7. I spent all yesterday evening and this morning, including a chat with Philips support, no luck. Support site says firmware was updated to support Windows 7 but mine has a later firmware. guy in support says it's not guaranteed to work.Why bother then? Anyway be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

bmaxi wrote: »
    Bought one of these yesterday to replace my Sansa, I can't get it to work with Windows 7. I spent all yesterday evening and this morning, including a chat with Philips support, no luck. Support site says firmware was updated to support Windows 7 but mine has a later firmware. guy in support says it's not guaranteed to work.Why bother then? Anyway be warned.

That Sucks, I luckily have vista now but the next laptop I buy will probably have 7..

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

There's a shop in the square, tallaght called "extra deal" or something. It's near game on level 3. Sells all sorts of electronic stuff. They had a few sansa view 16gb there a couple of weeks ago for 59.99. Seemed like a good deal, as I'd heard about sansa being good before. Didn't buy one, and forgot to post it up here. Also had another few players at decent prices afaik.

Advertisement