Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft 2 Live Tournament Galway

Options
  • 17-08-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just putting out a tester to see if much people are interested. I'm thinking of organizing a SC2 tournament in Galway, in a Net Cafe. Depending on the numbers it would be a 1-2 day event, double elimination 1v1 games with Bo1 to Bo5 depending on the rounds ect. It will cost 20 euro to enter and the winner/runner up(semi if more people attend) will recive cash prize.

Computers will be supplied and the users have the option to use their own headsets and mouses. Top of the range machines. Planning of hosting it around the start of october.

So guys? Would much people be intrested in this?

Might post this also in the competitive gaming section, but dont want to double post.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ill be up for it, so will my brother, but closer to the time we will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Depends when it'd be on and the amount of people going but would definitely be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Funky wrote: »
    Depends when it'd be on and the amount of people going but would definitely be interested.

Would be aiming for a minimum of 32 people. Want it to be on during one of the first 2 weekends of October. 1-3rd or 8-10th

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Depends on the dates, as I'm a busy man. 1 of those is good, 1 of those is bad (choose luckily)

If you get 32 players, how many games will the winner end up playing? How many games will you play if you lose all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might go for the lols, I'm ****ing dire at the game but its been too long since I hit up a lan ;)

Also when some cheeky protoss player cannon rushes me I can genuinely assault them.......

• Advertisement

gearoidof wrote: »
    Depends on the dates, as I'm a busy man. 1 of those is good, 1 of those is bad (choose luckily)

If you get 32 players, how many games will the winner end up playing? How many games will you play if you lose all of them?

All theory so far, but if it is 32 players, It will be double elimination therefore if you lose all the time, you will play 2 Matches. In theory the winner can play a maximum of 7 Matches, minimum 6 Matches That saying, for rounds further into the tournament there will be Bo3(best of 3) and Bo5(best of 5) and maybe even Bo7(Best of 7) matches, so game wise the winner can play a maximum of 20+ games, with a minimum of 15+. Now this is only on what I have planned for at the moment this can change depending on the amount of interest people have etc. So far from various different sources I have asked a lot of people seem interested, so By the looks of this I will be setting this up within the next few days. Giving a List of full rules and regulations.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might go for the lols, I'm ****ing dire at the game but its been too long since I hit up a lan ;)

Also when some cheeky protoss player cannon rushes me I can genuinely assault them.......

For people travelling and staying the night we will hopefully be getting special rates on accommodation from a hostel across the road from the LAN cafe. With the LAN center that will be hosting the tournament they do not allow user own computers, so its a pay for time type situation, but special offers will be given to the tournament players, and also finger food and beverages are supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Sounds awesome , count me in for some 6pools! Just Kidding :p

Sounds like a nice idea alright. Where were you thinking of hosting it? Squareyes by any chance?

Sounds awesome , count me in for some 6pools! Just Kidding :p

Sounds like a nice idea alright. Where were you thinking of hosting it? Squareyes by any chance?

Ya, have been talking to Ronan about it and he is behind all the way. This will be a trial type tournament to see if it goes succesful to see if future ones down the lines will go ahead.

I will be start advertising this on Monday with a full set of rules and regulations and informing people how to sign up.

Advertisement