Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What date are we back

Options
  • 17-08-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what date we're back? Told the repeat results are out on the 14th so guessing it's after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I'm only starting first year but was told we're in on 13th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ye 1st years register usually a few days before us. I know RAG week is the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pluie

I rang the college and they told me that second years are back on the 13th September. It could vary from course to course, though. You'll probably be given a definite date when the registration packs are sent out next(?) week.

pluie wrote: »
    I rang the college and they told me that second years are back on the 13th September. It could vary from course to course, though. You'll probably be given a definite date when the registration packs are sent out next(?) week.

A 1st year to be up above said they're starting on the 13th, so iirc from last year there was 3 days after they regsitered before the 2nd years did.:confused:

Hmm. That's just what the college told me, and the registration pack doesn't give us return dates, nor does the news on the website. Maybe they'll give us dates on the website in September...

edit: just had another look at the registration pack: "The course re-commences on Monday September 13th at 10:00am. Your Head of Department will inform you of your timetable."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Is that for definite? Im a first year too.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Is that for definite? Im a first year too.. lol

I was told that by a secretary in the Engineering Dept which is the Dept I'll be in. Haven't got anything official from the college yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

I was told that by a secretary in the Engineering Dept which is the Dept I'll be in. Haven't got anything official from the college yet though.

Oh right.. Im in the Business Dept so I may aswell just wait til I get something from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

13th is the first Monday after all the inductions, so I'm gonna say 13th. You'll probably only need to be in for an hour or 2 anyway

CLASS START TIMES

DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
    MONDAY – 13TH SEPTEMBER 2010
    Year 1 - ACCOUNTING - 11.00 a.m.
    Year 3 - ACCOUNTING - 11.00 a.m.
    Year 4 - ACCOUNTING - 11.00 a.m.

TUESDAY – 14TH SEPTEMBER 2010
    Year 2 - ACCOUNTING - 09.00 a.m

DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT
    Year 1 - MANAGMENT - 10.00 a.m.

Year 2 - MANAGMENT - 10.00 a.m.
    Year 3 - MANAGMENT - 10.00 a.m.
    Year 4 - MANAGEMENT - 11.00 a.m.

DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING
    Year 1 - Marketing 12.00 Noon
    Year 2 - Marketing 13.00 p.m.
    Year 4 - Marketing 11.00 a.m.

Year 1 - Advertising 11.00 a.m
    Year 3 - Advertising 13.00 p.m.

Year 3 - Marketing 09.00 a.m.
    Year 2 - Advertising 09.00 a.m.

No news on Humanities yet, but it obviously varies from course to course. :)

• Advertisement

Still no Computing Department times? It's a real pain we don't get timetables till we go back, not sure if the college know but alot of us would have part-time jobs. My manager is going away and it making the roster for the next 3 weeks, so hopefully it someone manages to work around my college timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

It's a real pain we don't get timetables till we go back, not sure if the college know but alot of us would have part-time jobs.

Exactly!
    The college is so unorganised.
    We'll head in on the 13th, no one will have a clue what's going on and we'll be sent home again none the wiser! :mad::pac:

Exactly!
    The college is so unorganised.
    We'll head in on the 13th, no one will have a clue what's going on and we'll be sent home Metro again none the wiser! :mad::pac:

FYP!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Danielle k

so what actually happpens on registration ??

I really don't understand why the timetables aren't put up online. Not only is it convenient for students, but they would save so much money because they wouldn't have to print off thousands of them for all of the areas around the college. Electronic timetables are the norm in most places. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

timetables are a disaster every year, we missed classes for the first week due to two different timetables being put up at different times. so one half of the class had one timetable and the other half a different timetable, crazy going on. but you get used to it. electronic ones would be the way to go, maybe one day it will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye its a disaster alright.
    I know someone who's had to take 2 days off work coz I was meant to do something on Monday and tuesday, but coz I was told to come up on Monday for my timetable, I've kinda said I cant really do anything! The worst part is, I'm not even sure if there'll be classes or anything!

Is there any non-first years starting monday? Coz I'd be going into 3rd year TA312.

The_B_Man wrote: »

Is there any non-first years starting monday?

Everyone is back Monday or Tuesday, I emailed my department head 3 days again and still no reply.

COMPUTING STUDENTS START TIMES:
    2ND YEAR - 10.00 Monday Room 150
    3RD YEAR - 9.00 Monday Room 118
    4TH YEAR - 10.00 Monday Room 233

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ah crap! the 3rd years are in the earliest! I'm gonna be wrecked! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

I'm back tomorrow... Do we actually have lectures tomorrow or just getting timetable/student ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Well I started back today and we had lectures all day, though our Labs were cancelled as we hadn't covered anything yet to allow us to hold them.

We didn't go through the process of getting our ID cards yet.

cade wrote: »
    We didn't go through the process of getting our ID cards yet.

Students who had repeat exams don't get registration packs till the week starting the 27th Sept, so I'd say Student Cards won't be done till the following week, could be wrong mine you!

Advertisement