Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austria - before or during mid term???

Options
  • 17-08-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

We had the misfortune of skiing in France a couple of years back during mid term and it was a nightmare. Way too many kids on the slopes and teens in the bars.

We're heading to Saalbach in feb and I'm wondering if it's best to go the week before mid term (when it could be quiet) or the first week of mid term (when it may not be too bad). Dates are 5th or 12th Feb.

Would appreciate it if anyone has been there on those weeks and/or would have any advice on it???

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Mid term starts a week later this year (in Ireland at least) according to the Department of Educations directions. We're stuck to mid-term and I almost booked the wrong flights this year as a result. For 2011 the week in question is from 19FEB to 26FEB.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Problem with Europe is you have to try and balance the mid terms, In austria you have ptential clashes with Austria, Germany, Italy and Austria.

Saalbach is well spread out with tons of uplift capacity spread over the valle and even the village has a number of options to get out of and back to so the quest tend not to be that bad.

But Mid term is always busy France tends to have the worst symptoms but Austira is not immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 35190

I'm trying to balance good nightlife with not too crowded slopes - not easy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rjp123

http://www.wtss.co.uk/features/european-school-holidays-2010-11

the above link is quite useful I think you'll find

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Be aware that around that time of year is Facshing when most resorts are heaving with Dutch, Germans and Austrians all out for the celebration. Its busy everywhere!

Its our pancake Tuesday so whenever that is, AVOID!

• Advertisement
Advertisement