Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel time from Rathgar to Mountjoy Square

Options
  • 17-08-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Presuming I have to be at my desk for 9.30am, how long would it take to travel by car from Rathgar to Mountjoy square on an average morning?

What would be the best route?

Would it take similar time in the evening, around 5.30pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Do you have to drive?

The most obvious route seems to be Harolds Cross Road to the Quays onto Church St & Dorset St.

That'll take the guts of an hour at 8:30am.

Coming out at 5.30pm you will never hit Rathgar before 6:30pm and on particularly bad days you won't be home till after 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Edit - Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Other options:

14/14A to Parnell Sq + Walk: 45mins (give or take)

Walk: Just over an hour at a relaxed pace

Cycle: About 30 minutes taking it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stiofandebrun

I don't have to drive everyday, but probably three days a week.

Thanks for the info people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Presuming I have to be at my desk for 9.30am, how long would it take to travel by car from Rathgar to Mountjoy square on an average morning?

I'd allow 40mins eachway, an hour on your first day or two to make sure. 40 minutes would have you in town on foot also. I would drive straight down through rathmines, turn left for kevin st. head for christchurch and go under the arch, over the river and turn right on the quays, turn left at jervis and you're there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Parking aroung Mountjoy Square is a nightmare, so I hope work comes with a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

14 bus serves Orwell Road and Rathgar Road to Parnell Square West. Journey time appx 35/40 minutes from Rathgar in the morning peak.

Departures from Dundrum at 0800 and 0830 should reach Rathgar Village at about 0825/0855.

Return departures from Parnell Square East at 1750 and 1830.

Alternatively take 15/15a/15b, 65/65b or 128 to Eden Quay and walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Would cycling be an option? I used to do roughly the same cycle (Harold's Cross to Eccles Street) in about 20 minutes.

Advertisement