Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does grant change if address changes???

Options
  • 17-08-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Ahoy there grant chasers:cool:

I'm going into 2nd year next month but am moving home from my mams house to a house near college.

I'm already on the adjacent rate as I've only been living on the other side of the city, and presuming I'll still be on the adjacent rate living closer to college.

Anyway, my question is will my grant rate change as a result of my new residence? Will it go up/down now I am living away from home? Am I now an independent candidate? Should I even bother telling them I've moved to a new residence?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

InkNut wrote: »
    Ahoy there grant chasers:cool:

I'm going into 2nd year next month but am moving home from my mams house to a house near college.

I'm already on the adjacent rate as I've only been living on the other side of the city, and presuming I'll still be on the adjacent rate living closer to college.

Anyway, my question is will my grant rate change as a result of my new residence? Will it go up/down now I am living away from home? Am I now an independent candidate? Should I even bother telling them I've moved to a new residence?

Cheers guys.
    what age are you?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭InkNut

Just gone 22...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't think anything changes to be honest because you are under 23 and the means are based on earnings at October 2009 - HOWEVER you should probably just double check this with the County Council

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭InkNut

So it wouldnt change anyway seeing as I was living at home for October 2009?

Yeah I'll probably just leave it then and not say anything. Or do I actually have to tell them that I'm moving house even if it means ill still be getting the adjacent rate?

Thanks.

Advertisement