Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartered Tax Qualification

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

Ive finished my ICAI exams and am waiting to be accepted as a member.

Now that ive recovered from my last set of exams im considering sitting my chartered tax :eek: must be mad!!! LOL

Im not afraid of hard work and i know that the chartered tax exams require alot of study but some ppl have told me that they're just plain impossible! im not an A* student but with hard work can pick things up.

I had to sit my FAEs twice - do u think i'd be fit for chartered tax??? (i never had to resit tax exams for chartered accountant).

Is the study all home based?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

When you say Chartered Tax, do you mean the new Tax qualification by the CAI (as this is only the first year starting soon so no-one would know how hard they are yet :))

Or do you mean the tax exams with the ITI?

I am in the same boat as you. Did my FAE last year and got it, awaiting admission at the moment to the Institute.

I have a year of the tax exams done (part 2). They are difficult alright as it is taught very differently to tax in the accounting exams. You focus on the legislation rather than on the mechanics of a question.

I got Part 2 at the first attempt but i know that the Part 3 (the tax exams finals) are regarded as being the most difficult exams you will have ever done. This is coming from a friend who passed the FAE the year before me and just sat and passed the part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7 s7ephi

To be honest i dont know!!! i hadnt really thought of who to sit them with - i just wanted to do tax exams. suppose i should do a bit more research :D

Im in the north so would be sitting UK tax exams. when i was doing my accounting exams i swore that was me finished with exams but yet here i am........

i just dont want to spend a fews years studying and not get them in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 megfly

Hi there

I've just completed my FAE this year and am thinking of applying as a late enroller to the Chartered Tax Consultant course.

Just wondering which institute you had decided to go with S7ephi?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement