Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myles Dungan filling in for Kenny.

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

10.30am He’s already on the amateur theatre “dream logic” bulsh1t.
    What is it with this clown? This is supposed to be a current affairs show FFS. Leave the arty stuff till evenings.

Edit : 10.45 now it's the book review

11.05 The inevitable twangy American singer/songwriter talks about her love of Ireland.

11.06. Poly fcuks radio out window.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well said Poly.
    While I do think Dungan is a good substitute for PK when handling serious topics, the programme in recent days has gone off the rails with its focus on arts items and light entertainment.
    Its become more like Lyric FM on 1. The only news items covered today were the boating tragedy in off the Cork coast and the disaster in Pakistan. I don't buy into the bullsh!t that August is a slow news month.
    I sometimes wonder if this explaination is put forward by journalists to justify taking it easy themselves during the month. There is enough happening to warrant a proper current affairs programme all year round.
    And leave the theatre plugs to The Arts show or Lyric FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE and everyone else just turns over and goes back to sleep for August, though I noted the return of Matt Cooper to the Last Word yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

With the moving of the hours and moving of presenters I usually dont switch the radio on before Newstalk at 12. Tubridy off, Kenny off, Collins back but wish he was off, Joe Duffy just back, Mooney away, Mary Wilson away. In the entertainment industry, you are meant to provide a SERVICE, not work whatever hours just happen to be convenient for your staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

always foung the guy incredibly smug and his politics always shines through too which is something you never get with pk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

irishh_bob wrote: »
    always foung the guy incredibly smug and his politics always shines through too which is something you never get with pk

...umm global warming? :rolleyes:

Fact is August is a slow news month. The Dáil is closed, as are the courts, and everyone who matters is on holidays. Just have a read of the Times or the Indo to see there's no news in there - it will only take you 10 mins to read them both from cover to cover.

What is Dungan supposed to do? Moan on about Larry Murphy like the tabloids and whip us all into a frenzy? I'd take the arts over the populist Joe Duffy stuff any day until Kenny gets back from his holliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Well you could have gone over to Tom Dunne on Newstalk, oh wait, he's missing as well, so are Moncrief and Marriane Finnucane to name a few. It's presesters holiday time so we get the B team ot the C team or who ever else is available . I heard Sile Seoige on RTE yesterday and she was on Newstalk today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

trad wrote: »
    I heard Sile Seoige on RTE yesterday and she was on Newstalk today.
    Phew! Glad I missed that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

rubensni wrote: »
    Fact .....everyone who matters is on holidays.

I'd love to know what you mean by the phrase "Everyone who matters".

I hope for your sake that the place you live in doesn't catch fire while all those "who matter" are on holidays.

I also hope that those you love most are never rushed into their nearest hospital, only to find that the A&E staff are on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Lapin wrote: »
    I'd love to know what you mean by the phrase "Everyone who matters".
    Erm.... I'd say he was talking in a radio sense perhaps?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Sorry for resurecting an old thread but I have something to say about MD's performance on Radio 1 yesterday morning filling in for PK.

He spoke with a US commentator about hurricane Sandy.

At the end he quiped that RTE would have to sell "I survived Sandy" tshirts on their website.

Doesn't he realise over 30 people have died, for all he knows some of them may have Irish connections.

Is this what we contribute to RTE for? Really?

He then went on to say RTE would need the tshirt revenue.

As a customer of RTE I don't need to be reminded of the hardships they are experiencing whilst discussing another matter.

Please keep such talk for the RTE canteen Myles, you have let me down. I thought more of you.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

When Myles is on I always feel like he's trying to ram it down my throat just how he knows about history and America.... Of course now he's a doctor it's got even worse..

Advertisement