Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi in Lough Key Forest Park?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know if there is a WiFi hotspot in Lough Key Forest Park - in the campsite, visitor centre or anywhere else in the park? Going camping there this week need & access to internet. Ta
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Best to call them to find out or buy a 3G modem, I find it invaluable when I'm away in the MH when I want to use the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Was there last week, and the signal for 3G was appalling - mostly Edge, and poor edge at that. I have a dongle from o2, and really struggled to get any sort of downloads.

Don't know if they have WiFi, but as suggested, give them a call to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Was there last week, and the signal for 3G was appalling - mostly Edge, and poor edge at that. I have a dongle from o2, and really struggled to get any sort of downloads.

Don't know if they have WiFi, but as suggested, give them a call to check.

What did you think of the site? had a look in two weeks ago and it has never changed in my opinion narrow overgrown sites for parking MH or Caravan.:mad: wont be staying there.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

We stayed there a number of years back.......the concept is excellent....but unfortunately the "state" of the pitches was poor. I have to say that the toilet blocks etc on the site and the activity centre associated with the site were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hello, stayed there in June had a great time . It was reccomended by another user of this forum.
    price - very reasonable 24 euro for us and 2 kids .

Found showers to be fine , staff very freindly and helpfull. pitches at the back of the playground were amazing ( if you like forests )some better than others.

The activity centre nearby is what makes this place so special...

Did not use internet so cant comment on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I'd agree with Munsterabu - pitches in the woods are a bit tight - some more than others. They are also geared for Right-hand drive vans and Irish caravans. There is a narrow drive up to a larger space, but for a leftie, you have to drive in to get the larger space beside the habitation door. This makes it harder for exiting - you have to back out into a narrow road. We were told by the warden that the road round the pitches was not one way - so after that, exiting became easier.

Mind you, 'er indoors did the guiding so no issues. However, some of the trees could do with a bit of pruning - the sound of branches on the roof can be scary when moving.

Apart from that - have to say it was a real relaxing feeling being under the tree canopy. Unless you have a vivid imagination and have seen the Blair Witch Project!!

I have to say, I would go back, the kids had a ball (the important factor) and you can really unwind. 25 yoyos for the night, and acres of walking paths / cycling routes. Playgrounds for the kids outside the Visitor Centre were ample to amuse, but the VC adds somewhere to shelter from the rain.

No TV signal (satellite don't like trees) and no RTE Player (3G - what's that?) means you better like books or long walks in the woods. We did have DVDs so that's another option.

Advertisement