Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about reapplying

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was doing a course last year (Science) which I found really difficult. Wasn't sure whether or not to do Physics or Biology (There wasn't any combination of the two.) so I chose Physics. Ended up pretty much hating it.

During the year I got the chance to go to USA and live for a while so I did. I never dropped out of College and didn't sit the exams, but I applied for the CAO again thinking my absence from exams would pretty much count as dropping out.

I know that going back will be full price, and I've managed to get the money. I'm only home recently and will be able to go into Trinity on Thursday to try sort things out.

I basically just wanted to ask if there's a chance that I'll actually be able to go back come September. Thanks, and sorry if this belongs elsewhere.

(I also know that I did something very stupid - no need to tell me that! :o)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

As far as I know once you've reapplied and gotten a new student number you should be grand. Should probably expect "the odd tut and why didn't you let us know?" though.

Talk to the course office, they'll let you know. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Explosion

Thanks Craguls. You've put me at ease a bit.

Ah that's to be expected, I deserve it though, I was a little bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Did you register for the 2nd part of the year after Christmas? If not, you may not have to pay the full whack of tuition. I hope you enjoy the Biology courses more than the physics one and stick at it.

Advertisement