Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browser loads last state (even if closed)

Options
  • 16-08-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

weird one here, my browser is suddenly loading the last page i viewed regardless of whether it was closed or not.
    i really dont like this feature (for my own reasons:pac:)

anyone know to disable it?

things i have done recently?
    installed loads of apps
    upgraded to stock (rooted) HTC 2.2
    upgraded to less stock (rooted + apps2ds+) HTC 2.2
    installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uinstalled dolphin hd

cant think of anything else that might be relevant, this is really annoying me tho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Standard browser or dolphin? The standard one always done it on mine, very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Both, installed dolphin, same issue. Might restorer from backup tomorrow.
    Seems to be easiest easy to fix issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

In your browser press menu, windows and then 'x' them all closed and it should go to your home page then next time it opens.
    Technically the browser doesn't close, its one of the many apps that stay active if you close out l of it with the back button.
    Only way to close it is with a task killer app liked atk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I don't think it is a fixable issue, I'm sure it does that so you can switch apps by holding the home button. TBH I'd be lost if it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Keith186 wrote: »
    In your browser press menu, windows and then 'x' them all closed and it should go to your home page then next time it opens.
    Technically the browser doesn't close, its one of the many apps that stay active if you close out l of it with the back button.
    Android kills it after a while if it isnt used just like all apps

• Advertisement

I kill it with taskiller, always have done, no change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I've noticed same behaviour alright. Only seemed to be since froyo upgrade tho. Standard browser and dolphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Keith186 wrote: »
    Even more technically the process does close but reverts to the state in which it was before it was closed once reopened.

Restored to backup this morning.went back a few stages and worked my way up.
    Issue occurs on upgrading to 2.2
    Will keep an eye for a fix

Advertisement