Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra subject for 6th year?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im thinking of taking up an extra subject for 6th year because i think i may need it points wise...

Any suggestions? Im living in Cork btw :D

Thanks in advance :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Can you play any musical instruments/sing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Before anyone else says it.... ECONOMICS !! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 surfer18

ciano1 wrote: »
    Before anyone else says it.... ECONOMICS !! ;)

Is economics worth it? Ive never done business or anything like that so would that effect me doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Business, can be done in a year and it's alllllll learning, just gotta sit down and be patient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Like maths/physics?
    Then go for Applied Maths. PM me for more info.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'll have to second Economics. Not only is it one of the shortest courses in the Leaving, but there's huge choice on the paper. Nine short questions, do six. Eight long questions, do four. If you give yourself a solid base, it's quite easy to put together a good paper at the end of the year. It's all just learning - if you have good notes and can put down a lot of information consisely, you can do well.

Music is also a good choice, maybe better, if you play an instrument. 50% of the marks are going for the practical, so if you're good enough to rest that much against one playing of six pieces, or an alternative setup, the rest of the course wouldn't take too long at all to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

I was thinking of soing that too. Its a good idea if you need high points and only have a limited number of good subjects. Id just wonder would you need grinds or what. I know u apply for the exam in your school. I hope u do well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Ag Science is a good option if you know someone who did it :rolleyes:

but seriosuly think about it - it is an extra subject at the end of the day - look at the leaving cert time table before deciding as well - I know a lad who was finished his leaving cert on tuesday after only 6 days - he had 2 exams every day I think - personnally this wouldn't suit me at all and I was lucky having pretty much an exam, day off, exam, day off, exam, day off...

just make sure your absolutely sure you want to do this extra subject - it's a bigger undertaking than you might think

Advertisement