Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Blanch Renault??

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Noted recently, their empty showroom!
    have they relocated or closed down? Was looking to get the new clio for test drive.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

They closed last year afaik due to the downturn in sales of cars that hit the industry fairly hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It wasn't last year, they were still selling Renaults up until March at least, lost the Renault dealership and were Kia only for a while and then closed fully during the summer sometime.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

they stoped selling the 2nd cars even eirler as i was looking for 2nd cars for a friend in Jan and only the new car part was still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

That the 3rd Car sales outlet on that site..... maybe time for a new venture...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the service there appalling. I left my car in there to be repaired. (heating/fan was gone completely, this was back in the middle of the big freeze last winter) Left the car there at 9am, (after booking it in a week previously, and after having had it in so they could investigate the fault and order parts, etc) it was still sitting where I parked it at 3pm when I drove past in my sister's car, at 5.45pm I phoned them to see if it had been fixed - it had started snowing really heavily at about 4pm, the start of the couple of weeks of heavy snow and ice. Not only had they not fixed it, they hadn't bothered to ring me to let me know, and claimed they couldn't get the part for another three/four days. It was covered in snow which they had hastily wiped off the windscreen, so there was no way it had been in the workshop all evening. They then refused to hire me a car. I stood there and told them I wasn't leaving until they gave me something safe to drive home in. Eventually at nearly 7pm they relented and let me have a loan car. It took them a further week to fix the damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I went in looking at a car one day and wasn't impressed either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

is this the one next to the garda station?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Random wrote: »

No, they were up in Coolmine opposite the Fire Station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Random wrote: »

This one you are talking about is Tractamotors and is mainly a Fiat dealership AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Apparently they got squeezed by Renault Ireland who wanted to reduce the number of dealers in their network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

sorry for them seeing them go...that was a really good landmark in Blanch/D15 ! "beside Blanch garage"...what next !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Should have been coolmine renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Gaspode wrote: »
    No, they were up in Coolmine opposite the Fire Station

Jeez I remember skate boarding around that before they actually opened the place :)

R

Advertisement