Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters In London - Funding Help?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am about to move over to London to do a MA at a well known film school. I was wondering if anyone knows of any funding help that I could get from the Irish Government for studying abroad?

I have been on social welfare assistance for the last few months - are there any schemes to help those who have lost their job and decide to go study in the UK? Or is there any other funding options through the UK government?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

if your doing your MA im sure you know about the maintenance grants, im studying in england, only my BA tho, but i get a real good maintenance grant from wicklow VEC. in the uk, you can take student loans, very good repayment structure, im 90% sure its open to all EU citizens, this site shud help alot for options in the UK,

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/index.htm

hope this helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

At Masters level the VEC grants only extend to the 32 counties. Courses in the rest of the UK and further afield are not eligible.

Similarly the UK loans system only covers undergrad, so bar any funding from your Faculty, Research bodies or charitable type foundations you're on your own (as are all UK students!). Sorry it's not better news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gogo.ie

:mad:

Advertisement