Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDM machines advice needed

Options
  • 16-08-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys I have being using an edm machine for the past few months but just running the same programme ,but I'd like to expand my knowledge of them so any tips to using them or any websites that you may of found useful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭who_am_I?

Unfortunatly I a not aware of any on-line resources that would be of assintance to you.

Personally I leared all about EDM from running manual machines, these were a Eurospark and an Charmiles 4lc, I also read the manufacturers manuals from cover to cover ( the ability to read is undervalued) . Later I did a 3 day programming Course with Charmilles in Stratford on Avon for a roboform 40 and another 3 days on a robofil 310, this was followed up with a two day advanced course on each machine.
    At the time I also programmed the cnc machines for machining the moulds and electrodes.

The manufacturers manuals have all of the information specific to the machine, Do take the time to read them.
    The CNC machines each have very different programming methods, there is no standard. Look online for the user forums for each machine type.

For other sources of information start by looking at www.mmsonline.com and if you are in Cork the SME have certification programs that you may be interested in.

Advertisement