Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City of Heroes/Villains

Options
  • 16-08-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread about this in a long while.

Anyone else still playing? I just started back again last week. Going Rogue launches tomorrow.

I've already been enjoying the new demon summoner power set. I also love how Master Minds no longer have to re-spawn their pets whenever they enter a new map.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Wow is this game really still going?

I forgot all about this game. I used to play it mid 2005-2006 but i haven't played it in years! Hmm that's got me thinking! might renew my membership till SWTOR comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's the only one that I keep going back too.

They're up to Issue 18 now with it. You should have tonnes of veteran awards stored up if you still have your account from 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Would you believe i only started giving this a go again a few days ago.

Currently trying the Dual Pistols powerset & also robotics Mastermind Set.

Which server? I think the bulk of my guys are on Defiant.

Here's the details of the latest update:

http://eu.cityofheroes.com/en/news/game_updates/C883

The Cathedral of Pain sounds pretty cool if anyone is up for giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm on Union but given the new expansion i might start a new char on Defiant :)

• Advertisement

Big patch being applied right now.

If any of you are on Union I'm playing mostly with my demon summoner at the moment. The name is Blackthrall.

Was playing through in Praetoria this evening. You can't move an existing character over to there so I had to start a demon summoner from scratch. But I'm already up to level 9.

Nothing major in the add on so far really. The moral choices could work out to be fun and it's nice to see new building layouts after so many years.

Best thing is seeing so many people on the servers again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I've been playing since 2005 (63 month Vet) and I cannot recommend this game enough....

With the new Going Rogue expansion there has never been a better time to join the game. The new zone lets you start from scratch and is purpose built from the ground up for newcomers.

With so much new content in the expansion and about 3 issues (new content) added each year, if being a brightly colored supper hero/dark sinister villain or something in between (see the going rouge expansion), with 100's of powers that can be customized the way you want sounds like your thing, you should be playing this game!

http://goingrogue.eu.cityofheroes.com/en-gb/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How is the new add-on going? I'm contemplating coming back to this. I don't know if it's a good idea as I usually start off with the best intentions and then my interest withers away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

If I am honest, the new 'Praetoria' city isn't grabbing me as much as I thought it would. But, on saying that, its mainly down to my PC as the new Ultra Mode graphics are a bit of a hog and I can't enjoy something unless I have the graphics to go with it. This should be taken care of when my new 5850 arrives in the next few days... :)

The going Rogue stuff is actually pretty fun and I am currently switching my hero to a vigilante (haven't decided if I'll take him all the way to a villain yet).

I also had a run at the Cathedral of Pain trial the other night. Not sure if you remember but that was the 'biggest/hardest' trial in the game for super groups way back but was removed pretty quick due to some serious bugs/exploits. It's now back and is proving very challenging but also lots of fun.

If you are thinking about coming back, buy the complete edition (https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl?view=212). Its 30 euro which isn't bad as that's cheap for a game these days and it comes with a free 1 months subscription (€13).

I play on Defiant if anyone is on that server. Also, speaking of server, the population on the two English speaking EU servers is booming at the moment. Great time to come back or even join if you are a newbie...

• Advertisement

Yeah. It's been a long, long time since I've seen the servers this crowded.

You never have any problem getting a team.

I'm up to level 17 on it now with a demon summoner. Am enjoying it a lot, just wish I had more time for it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How quick is it to level? Is it jsut the same as most other MMO's (easy for the first few and then takes longer and longer) or can you level at a modest pace? I won't be able to plow hours and hours into it, so if I actually make progress during each play then it would keep me interested.

I'd say it's probably the best MMO for handy enough leveling.

Can take a while if you're playing solo, but on a team you're not long seeing it go up. You get bonus XP if you log yourself out on a city street as well.

Just watch out for XP debt. You'll level 50% slower when you get killed until the debt is cleared.

Advertisement